An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time consultant psychiatrist to work in Humber's Integrated Care Team for Older people (HICTOP).
The service covers the City of Hull, with the post holder covering the East Hull CMHT Area. The post holder would carry no responsibility for inpatients, though will have access to three inpatient facilities serving the populations of Hull and East Riding based.
The successful candidate will provide medical leadership in a well-established multi-disciplinary team, and help to develop the functioning of the team.
There is a requirement that the successful candidate will also undertake on call responsibilities on the specialist Consultant on-call rota for Old Age Psychiatry and Learning Disability.
Applicants should have full registration with the GMC, possess the MRCPsych UK or have an equivalent post-graduate qualification. They should be on the Specialist Register for Old Age Psychiatry, or be within 6 months of achieving CCT in Old Age Psychiatry.
The role will attract at least 2.5 SPAs asstandard for a full-time post. We would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust. There is an excellent peer support group and opportunities to be a clinical supervisor.Main duties of the job
We think differently about our psychiatry roles and will work with you to develop an opportunity that works for you. We will support you to balance high quality patient care with pursuing your own special interests within psychiatry, as well as offering opportunities for leadership and management and leadership roles.
Whether your focus is on developing your skills for management, research, teaching or innovative service provision, we are here to listen and understand how we can support you to reach your goals.About us
As a Teaching Trust we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and we are a leading Trust in mental health research. We work closely with our teaching partners of Hull York Medical School and Health Education England to offer an excellent training package that has seen us us rated in the Top 5 of the GMC's national training survey 2016.
You will join our team of over 2,700 colleagues that work together to change lives. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to employee development.
Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing, including:
- Excellent relocation package
- Free on-site parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Extra day off on completion of mandatory training and receiving
- flu vaccination
- Wide range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
Find out more about what makes our Trust 'Humbelievable' at join.humber.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
As a consultant working for the HICTOP team, you will have responsibility for the provision of safe and effective care and treatment. You will share the vision of integrated and multi-disciplinary working and actively engage in the development of the service through research and support.
The post holder would be expected to be approved as a Responsible Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain Section 12(2) MHA and will be expected to renew this approval according to agreed procedures.
The ability to commute within the Trusts geographical area with access to the appropriate means of transport is essential.
Please read our attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information on our exciting role available.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management. MRCPsych Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment. Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months. Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment. Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty. Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty. Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others. Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
298 Cottingham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.