Positions available in Worthing. It's an exciting time for our Hospital@Home Service. We are expanding and recruiting to our new teams who will work with patients in their homes to provide a virtual ward service.
H@H teams will provide specialty virtual wards. They will be multi-speciality supporting patients across respiratory, heart failure and frailty in partnership with acute care, consultants and specialist nurses.
We are looking for a Clinical Lead (nurse), so if you're an ambitious, proactive, and experienced nurse looking to take a lead role in a team that provides excellent acute community care, we'd love to hear from you.
This is an amazing opportunity to become a member of H@H, working together to support patients through the critical first few days after they leave hospital and avoid unnecessary hospital admissions. The focus of this role is providing safe, effective, and quality senior clinical care, along with strong clinical leadership, advice, and support to the team. We are a multidisciplinary team working flexibly to provide a seven-day service, 365 days a year, between 8am and 8pm.
The team works closely with other services within Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, as well liaising on a daily basis with Acute and Community Specialist Nurses and Hospital Consultants, to provide daily ward rounds and remote patient monitoring.Main duties of the job
In this role, you will use your comprehensive knowledge and champion excellence in practice in a dynamic healthcare environment. Your specialist clinical assessment skills will support patients with complex needs in addition to providing clinical advice and support to colleagues.
Working with the operational leads you will ensure the clinical effectiveness of the service and the delivery of an excellent patient experience. You will also be part of the development of the service through reflective practice, clinical supervision, and quality improvement initiatives. Central to this is supporting the principles of interdisciplinary working and cross skilling for all staff supporting each other and learning together.
Your experience of working across a variety of clinical settings and working autonomously will help you excel in this role. We will support you to develop specialist areas of practice and your leadership skills through internal and external programmes.
In this role you will be responsible for staff management, supervision, and development, including shift coordination, allocation of visits, and the performance development reviews of members of the team. You will need to able to drive with a full UK licence with access to a car due to the geographic area covered by the team.About us
Why work for us?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Positive 2021 NHS Staff Survey results with compassionate culture and leadership, and support for staff wellbeing, scoring highly
- Rated 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Located in stunning Sussex, with easy access to the South Downs and the coast
- A great variety of working environments, in the community, in patients' homes and in our community hospitals
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Real Living Wage Employer, with great rates of pay
- Supportive flexible working patterns such as part time, flexi time, annualised hours etc.
- Supportive team environments
- Cost-effective and convenient workplace nurseries in Crawley, Hove and Brighton
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader, committed to creating inclusive workplaces
- Access to a wide range of benefits and discounts for NHS staff
Further information is available in the attached job description and person specification.
If you would like to discuss this role or find out more, you can contact Shelley Gray, Area General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 07917246648Person SpecificationQualifications/Professional RegistrationEssential
- Currently registered with the NMC as a Nurse (Adults)
- Post registration qualification or training to Masters level or equivalent, or be willing to undertake
- Advanced Physical Assessment course or Masters level module, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Non-Medical Prescriber, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Recognised health leadership qualification, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Experience in clinical case management
- Evidence of a consistent pattern of learning from education and training
- Experience working across the boundaries of primary, community, and secondary care
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of clinical leadership in a service
- Experience of leading service development and change
- Experience of active participation in research
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to use recognised IT packages e.g. Microsoft Office including Excel
- Able to use of IT systems and keyboard skills including accurate data recording skills
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
60 Marlborough Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.