Urgent Care Division is a forward thinking exciting division in which to work, this role has been developed to Manage and lead the Urgent Care Treatment Centres across the sites bringing together the best practice from each area in support of patient care.
Therole can be considered over 4 or 5 days a week, some weekend working will be required the successful candidate will work equally on each site in a 50/50 split and will be expected to work clinically. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of the functionality of the UTC be able to articulate the Trust vision for the service .
The successful candidate will have a passion and drive for this service and able to demonstrate how they have developed a service and what they have learned from the experience. This role will be responsible for the clinical safety, governance and leadership of the departments .
As a member of the senior team you will be expected to participate and contribute to team meetings and the ongoing success of the Division.Main duties of the job
Responsible for the clinical safety of the Urgent Treatment Centre across ESHT.
Responsible for the governance of the departments.
Recruitment of clinical staff .
Development of pathways in conjunction with the MDT and specialties.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Educated to diploma / degree level within the Emergency specialism or evidence of equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued professional development to masters level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Awareness of current professional, quality, research and practice issues
- Qualified Teacher (PGCert)
- Additional specialism related courses
- Management Qualification/Evidence of management experience
- Substantial experience at Band 6 in Emergency Care
- Previous experience of teaching and assessing
- Evidence of involvement with quality aspects of care
- Evidence of involvement in a change initiative
- Experience of managing a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience at Band 7 in an Emergency Care Setting
- Experience of audit
- Awareness of resource management issues in line with education and service delivery
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.