We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative nurse leader with expertise nursing education and development, to step into the role of Practice Development and Innovation Nurse within our Corporate Nursing Development Team. This position is key to driving the delivery of high quality nursing practice development and innovation with responsibility for leading and managing core elements of our Trust nursing education portfolio including pre and post registration nurse education, the safe integration of internationally recruited nurses, and nursing preceptorship. The post-holder will also support the delivery of the Trusts nursing priorities through a variety of quality improvement and assurance projects.
The Corporate Nursing Development Team offers a highly supportive and progressive working environment with excellent development opportunities and access to a range of health and wellbeing support.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have a positive and enthusiastic attitude emphasising team work, collaboration and resilience under pressure. The role requires solid clinical expertise, working knowledge of the nursing education portfolio, a proven track record of effective people and change management and excellent communication across systems. The ideal candidate will lead by example, with an ongoing commitment to maintaining clinical visibility and credibility though active clinical practice.
If you have a strong belief in nursing as a compassionate and caring profession and a passion for developing the nursing workforce then this role is an excellent fit for you.About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse healthcare providers in the UK, delivering a range of mental health and physical healthcare and community services. The Trust runs Broadmoor Hospital, one of three high secure hospitals in the country, with an international reputation.
Our high secure services care for patients from South of England and we provide low and medium secure services across eight London boroughs. The Trust also provides mental and physical healthcare in three London boroughs (Ealing, Hounslow and Hammersmith & Fulham). We employ 4,500 staff, of whom 56% are BME. Our turnover for 2023-24 is �426m.
The Trust is rated as 'Good' overallby the Care Quality Commission. Forensic services are rated as 'Outstanding'.
The Trust is an established partner and contributor in the development of the evolving North West London Integrated Care System and the Integrated Care Board. The Trust leads the NW London Children and Adolescent Mental Health provider collaborative.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Candidate Pack provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. Please view as attached
The person specification below is not the full person specification, but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- Recognised Teaching Experience /Qualification
- Demonstrable record of personal development
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Masters degree
- Quality Improvement Methodology Qualification
- Ability to undertake training and duties compatible with the role
- Substantial experience working in mental health settings
- Substantial recent experience in teaching/facilitation
- Substantial experience in working in complex challenging environment
- Substantial experience working as a Band 7 and above.
- High quality written and oral communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- High quality interpersonal skills
- Good clinical skills
- Experience of managing projects or equivalent.
- Evidence of driving and supporting organisational developments and service change.
- Previous experience as Ward or Team Manger
- Previous experience in working within a clinical governance framework
- Experience in project management
- Specialist Clinical Skills
- Experience in integrated health organisations
- Experience of producing reports for board members
- Experience of leading complex change management processes
- Knowledge of national policy relating to mental health services.
- Government's modernisation agenda, including Clinical Governance
- Able to deal with complex inter-related information and activities
- Able to assess priorities and identify patients' needs
- Knowledge of relevant policies and developments affecting nursing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of commissioning process
- Knowledge of education consortiums structures and processes
- Understands quality improvement methodology
- Knowledge of strategy development.
West London NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.