We are looking for an interim Temporary Staffing Bookings Manager to provide maternity leave cover for approximately 9 to 12 months. A key focus of the role will be to provide leadership and management of the NELFT Temporary Staffing Bookings team, ensuring that our operational services have adequate temporary staffing cover. The successful candidate will also play an important part in supporting the Bank and Agency Workforce Transformation project to drive down agency staff spend and further develop the NELFT internal Staff Bank .
The successful candidate will
ideally have previous experience of working in a temporary staffing environment or equivalent experience in managing a large operational/transactional team
experience of using health roster, Bank Staff, ESR management information functions excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong IT and organisational skills.
If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding this exciting opportunity please contact Cherrise Chand, Head of Resourcing on 07834 617850. Interviews are likely to be held on 11 December 2023. Main duties of the jobJOB SUMMARY:
About usProbationary Period
- Lead on the management for Temporary Staffing, responsible for the booking, payroll, invoicing, compliancy and reporting functions in meeting the Trusts objectives to reduce agency staff usage and providing a customer focused service.
- Full line management responsibility for the pay/reporting lead and bookings lead.
- Accountable for the bookings/payroll/compliance and invoicing team.
- Responsible for ensuring that processes and systems are in place to ensure that an efficient and accurate service is provided to all stakeholders.
- Manage the processing of weekly and monthly payrolls for temporary staff.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement - Fringe
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of the basic salary (with a minimum of �1,192 to a maximum of �2,011 p.a. pro rata for part time).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role and working at North East London NHS Foundation Trust. We encourage you to refer closely to this when completing your application.
We welcome your application even if you do not meet all the criteria listed in the person specification. Any development needs to help you succeed in the role, can be discussed at the interview stage. Management
- Lead on the organising of all aspects and the day to day allocation of work along with forward planning and delegation for the team relating to delivery against workforce information reporting deadlines, booking and compliancy of temporary staff, invoice and payroll processing.
- Full line management responsibility for the pay/reporting lead and bookings lead, including appraisal and development reviews.
- Deputise for the Head of Resourcing in their absence.
- Ensure the continued professional development of the team.
- Responsible for leading the booking and reporting/payroll team in all aspects of service delivery (for medical and non-medical resourcing services) in order to meet deadlines and the Trusts objectives.
- Lead with the roll out of improvement projects across the Trust.
- Act as a specialist resource for the payroll/healthroster systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that KPIs are mapped, agreed and achieved for all service provision.
- Lead on the delivery of external service provision contracts held with the Temporary Staffing function.
- Responsible for ensuring that invoices are checked and authorised for payment of Temporary Staffing agency invoices up to the value of �5000.
- Approve terms and conditions and charges for external agencies in line with national framework agreements.
- Approval of expenses claims and finalisation of health roster.
Research & Development
- Devise and implement policies and procedures in relation to temporary staffing and the information systems used to support the service. Review and propose changes to the policies and procedures based upon best practice.
- To proactively keep abreast of development in national policies, frameworks and legislation concerning the use of casual/temporary workers.
- Explore potential incentives for maximising efficiencies within the Bank workforce with a view to reducing agency dependency and costs.
- To represent the Trust at local, regional and national conferences, to keep up to date with developments and initiatives, returning with good practices to share with the Trust.
- Ensure regular audits are undertaken in relation to agency compliancy monitoring, in line with the relevant framework agreement.
- Responsible for preparing business cases for EMT, SLT and LT on changes to current processes/improvements, including financial and risk analysis, benefits and potential issues.
- Leading on bank staff engagement through the bank staff survey, developing the bank staff action plan and taking key actions forward.
Planning & Organisation
- Produce and provide specialist advice and guidance in the analysis of complex data and information from reports for bank/agency financial spend and usage, and to identify KPIs and escalate where necessary.
- Where appropriate resolve complex issues relating to the collection, input and maintenance of reporting and payroll information.
- Accountable for the temporary staffing booking procedures, ensuring the hiring of all agency staff is undertaken within the national framework agreement and meets the Trusts KPIs for compliancy.
- Strengthen booking processes with support from the Bookings Lead and working with QI processes to ensure more efficient services are provided via the Bookings function.
- To support with targeted Bank recruitment by identifying resourcing issues within the Bookings function for specialist/hard to fill posts and high agency usage.
- Taking a proactive approach to the growth of the internal bank, working closely with the Temporary Staffing Recruitment team to provide solution focused recruitment and to build up bank capacity with specific skill sets.
- Proactively promote alternative ways to recruit to bank, through social media presence, working closely with HR Communications and Engagement Officer and Corporate Communications team.
- Look at ways of headhunting and converting agency to bank, taking forward business cases for competitive rates to attract bank staff to key roles.
- Work collaboratively with the Temporary Staffing Matron to: develop and introduce competency profiles to enhance the knowledge and skills sets of our temporary staff, in line with local agreements undertake/monitor appraisal/supervision for Bank only staff.
- To investigate complaints and concerns regarding non clinical temporary staff, with support from HR colleagues adhering to HR policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with HR colleagues following the TUPE transfer of services into the Trust, leading on and ensuring a seamless transition of temporary staff and processes, so that service delivery is not affected within the Trust.
- To review all clinical concerns raised via a Datix in relation to temporary staff and work towards providing a resolution in line with temporary staffing guidelines and procedures.
- To support with external audit assessments, preparing information and implementing recommendations to improve the Resourcing function.
- Accountable for the temporary staffing payroll reconciliation, including all data checks, liaison with managers for finalisation and the ESR processing team and resolving failures resulting from the file extractions.
- Represent the Trust on national and local temporary staffing user groups / meetings and be the conduit for changes to temporary staffing booking and payroll/reporting processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that all national and local temporary staffing related reports and returns are produced as required.
- Oversee and undertake the production of both standard and non-standard reports as required to the agreed timescales set out within the service level agreement, for leadership teams, finance and board.
- Ensure processes associated with the booking and reporting/payroll functions for temporary staffing are managed and kept under review depending upon the needs of the service.
- Manage information requirements of the Trust in all temporary staffing related matters in line with service level agreements through the utilisation of current processes and a range of systems in place.
- Responsible for the delivery of a self-bill payment process for all agency invoices to streamline current processes in achieving Trusts KPIs and turnaround times for payment purposes.
- Lead on the development and design of reports and processes.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting for the Trust Board, SLT, LT, HR teams as required.
- Accountable for ensuring compliancy of all internal temporary staff is met in line with Trust KPIs, including right to work in the UK, DBS, mandatory training, PIN registrations, and ensuring that managers/staff are communicated with so that lapses do not occur.
- Ensure that business continuity plans and processes are in place and are widely known by the team.
- Accountable for devising bank and agency usage/spend reports and collating data for NHS Improvement submissions to ensure Trusts objectives are met in respect of internal monitoring and reporting for temporary staff.
- Lead for compiling, analysing and reporting complex information in relation to the Temporary Staffing function for the HR Department, Trust and for internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the production of reports for mandatory training, appraisals, DBS, right to work in the UK and PIN registrations/revalidations to support compliancy officer with managing the compliancy for all temporary staff.
- Oversee the production of reports, and surveys on the inactive Bank workforce and analysing the data to make recommendations on incentives to enhance our Bank fill rates.
- Responsible for responding to FOI and Data Protection requests in relation to temporary staffing usage.
- Review existing processes and systems and look at ways in which to utilise them to their full potential. Focusing on Employee Online usage and the work needed on improving the skill set up for bank staff, to rollout the system effectively Trust wide.
- Leading on the implementation of new systems and processes that improve service delivery Trust wide, including the project roll out for Autotask and Direct Engagement.
- To keep up to date with developments of all electronic systems and processes, and lead the implementation of any changes, ensuring they are used to their full potential in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the reporting and booking functions and updating and developing systems in line with improvement projects across the Trust.
- To establish and maintain databases and spreadsheets to ensure that targets can be monitored against plans and information on progress can be shared.
- Highly specialist knowledge of general HR/Resourcing to Masters level equivalent through a Degree & CIPD qualification, plus additional training, or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Previous experience of working within temporary staffing environment
- A good understanding of workforce information and the factors affecting this.
- Significant experience of Healthroster / ESR / Bankstaff management information system
- Significant knowledge of the Healthroster Allocate system and reporting abilities
- Experience of running payroll processes
- Experience of collating, manipulating and analysing complex data
- Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.