We have an exciting band 6 vacancy in our team providing the candidate with an opportunity to gain experience working on the acute stroke unit, acute general wards including the intensive care unit and with the stroke early supported discharge team. Development post considered for a suitable candidateMain duties of the job
You will need to have completed your dysphagia competencies and be able to demonstrate that you have been working independently with a dysphagia caseload including acute stroke for at least a minimum of one year.
You will need to have completed your NQP framework and be able to evidence you are managing patients with more complex dysphagia and communication impairments with minimal support. You will have completed your placement educator training and ideally had experience of taking students as well as be working towards video fluoroscopy and/or FEEs competencies.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our three core values, and the behaviors that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical, and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Working independently in a clinical role as a key member of the Speech and Language Therapy team in a developing specialist role, to deliver evidence-based clinical services. Placement educator for Speech and Language Therapy students. No budgetary responsibility.
To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team at Frimley Park Hospital, providing evidence based speech and language therapy assessment, diagnosis and treatment for a designated group of patients. Developing knowledge and skills in a specialist area and undertaking extended role competency framework/s under supervision. For a full list of responsibilities, please see the attached job description. Part time hours could be considered. Previous applicants should not apply.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree qualification
- HCPC registration
- Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Completion of dysphagia competencies (level C)
- Acute stroke unit experience
- Good written application with attention to relevant facts/well presented
- Evidence of organisation/prioritisation/problem solving skills
- Completion of Newly Qualified Practitioner competencies
- Undertaken/supported students on placement
- Completion of videofluoroscopy competencies
- Evidence of goal setting in stroke rehab setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - both informally and formally via presentations/training
- Good interpersonal skills including observation, listening and empathy skills
- Collaborative team approach to working
- Good analytical and clinical problem solving skills
- Standard keyboard and IT skills
- Able to build effective working relationships, network and assert views, sometime in challenging situations
- Ability to present calm and professional demeanour in the working environment.
- Experience of designing and implementing training packages to others
- Experience of student clinical supervision
- Able to professionally manage patients who present with unpleasant symptoms such as excessive oral secretions (when delivering mouthcare to dysphagic patients).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good working knowledge of software such as Excel and Powerpoint
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.