We have an exciting opportunity available for a CT Department Service Manager to take responsibility for the day to day management of the CT Scanning Department. You will develop the service in line with the changing requirements of the NHS, referrers and patients and be responsible for the CT budget, capturing income and developing potential income streams through NHS, Research and PP streams. The CUH NHS FT CT Department undertakes scans and research that is not carried out anywhere else in the country with future developments on the horizon, including two Community Diagnostic Centres and the Cambridge Cancer Research Hospital. You will be at the forefront of modern CT scanning.Main duties of the job
About usOur Trust
- To take responsibility for the day to day management of the CT Scanning Department.
- To develop the service in line with the changing requirements of the NHS, referrers and patients.
- To be responsible for the CT budget, capturing income and developing potential income streams through NHS, Research and PP streams.
- To support the Operations Manager in the effective delivery of the management duties for the Imaging Directorate.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
The advert will close at midnight on 29 November 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified Radiographer with Degree or equivalent in Radiography
- Current HCPC registration
- Qualification at Masters Level
- Post graduate management qualification
- Leadership or management qualification
- Project management qualification
- Significant experience in Clinical CT at managerial / supervisory level
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team with effective utilisation of resources
- Experience of PACS / RIS systems
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of change management
- Involvement with the Quality Services for Imaging accreditation scheme
- Demonstrable experience of risk management and clinical governance
- Expert in CT imaging with a thorough knowledge of their medical applications
- Understanding of HR and finance procedures
- A thorough knowledge of the governance associated with a CT service
- A thorough knowledge of the principles of radiation protection in regard to CT scanning
- Excellent communication, leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to use initiative, organise and problem solve
- Ability to identify own educational and development needs
- Computer literate including database experience
- Good motivator and trainer
- Ability to critically evaluate strategies and implement change
- Demonstrable presentation skills and experience in formal and informal teaching
- Marketing skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- Prepared to work contracted hours flexibly
- Satisfactory medical clearance for environment
- Highly motivated
- Reliable and supportive
- Ability to synthesise information, consider and evaluate risks and options when making difficult decisions
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division B
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.