Ward 8b is a 28 bed mixed medical ward, we have a range of patients including 6 haematology, 8 palliative and 14 general medical patients with complex needs. Training is available on the ward although experience is a plus. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and highly motivated nurses, interested in all aspects of specialist care.
Do you enjoy a fast pace environment that offers you exposure to all medical emergencies and specialities?
If you enjoy challenge where no two days are the same and want to work with a team who are committed in providing the best possible patient care for a range of complex specialised patients then 8B is the place for you.Main duties of the job
We are looking for caring and compassionate individuals to join our nursing team in the Liverpool University Foundation hospital NHS Trust.
If you are passionate about providing the highest standard of care to patients. You will be working as part of an experienced and supportive multidisciplinary team, that continually puts patient centred care at the forefront.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Clinical responsibilities. Participate in maintaining a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and carers and maintain agreed standards of nursing care. Determines nursing priorities and plans patient care and inform the nurse in charge when changes in circumstances that may affect patient care. Maintain nursing records with the NMC and Trust guidelines. Practice and promote safe and efficient use of all resources. The post holder shall follow all the policies and procedures of the organisation.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse, current NMC registration.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Mentorship/teaching qualification.
- Post registration qualification in relevant specialty.
- Post registration experience and successful completion of band 5 foundation gateway competencies.
- Experience within relevant clinical setting.
- Evidence of maintaining a clinical learning environment.
- Evidence of working with students.
- Recent acute hospital experience [including as a student nurse].
- Knowledge of current nursing issues and clinical governance.
- Demonstrates awareness of own limitations.
- Ability to organise workload and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to support less experienced staff.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic IT skills, including e-mail and word processing.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supportive of colleagues.
- Ability to work in changing environments.
- Committed to high standards of patient care.
- Exemplary personal standards of conduct and behaviour.
- Maintain both personal and professional development.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.