The post holder will be a key member of the Operational Management Team with responsibility and accountability for managing the Outpatients area within women's service across Maternity, Obstetrics and Gynaecology department and providing professional leadership support to the staff.
If you are interested in this role then please do get in touch to discuss further. This role is a great opportunity to build on your existing skills and experience to tangibly improve services for patients and staff.Main duties of the job
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attachedAbout us
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
Our values Compassionate, Aspirational, Resourceful, Excellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Outpatient Manager will work as a key member of the Operational Management Team. The post holder will work in conjunction with the Service Manager to manage and develop Outpatients areas across Women's services , ensuring the highest of quality of service is provided at all times in line with local and national targets.
The ideal candidate will lead and manage the patient experience, from a non-clinical perspective. The Outpatient Manager will be responsible for maintaining efficient room schedules and working with clinical and operational teams to ensure maximum utilization of the outpatient rooms across Women's services at the RBHFT.Administratively Outpatient manager will line manage patient pathway supports, receptionists and ward clerks and be responsible forcommunication with those team members (1-1s, team meetings, appraisals) and ensuring sufficient staffing to meet required demands.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Educated to A-level, or NVQ Level 4 in Business Administration/Customer Care or acquired equivalent experience
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths, grades A-C
- Management qualification or business qualification or equivalent experience
- Supervisory experience of administrative staff
- Data quality management
- Knowledge of patient pathways
- Experience of using full range of IT/Patient data systems
Skills, Knowledge, AbilitiesEssential
- Understanding of patient priorities and performance targets
- Experience of implementing change
- Accurate entry and retrieval of information on database systems
- Advanced use of EPR with the ability to interrogate the system
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software to an intermediate standard: Word, Excel including Pivot Tables, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- The ability to communicate accurately and sensitively both verbally and in writing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Change management skills
- Effective complaints handling
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.