The post holder will be expected act as the first line of contact for their associated Division or Corporate function, in terms of the provision and management of the data analytics service this includes the monitoring and reporting on that Divisions or Functions performance and outcomes.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a key member of the division's management team (or similar corporate group) in providing crucial performance and outcomes analytics and supporting the division in their data analytics knowledge & awareness, performance and variances, HED alerts, Benchmarking, Service Line Reporting monitoring, Quality reports, triangulation of data and information to provide an early warnings on an on-going basis.
The post holder will require excellent technical and analytic skills in order to produce sophisticated accurate & robust statistics & analytics with little / no direction on how to fairly & visually portray a situation.
The post holder should have an excellent knowledge of the customers strategic direction as well as current issues to be able manage & prioritise their own workload in order for the most needed, effective analytics (or developments) are delivered at the right time.
The post holder should have a good awareness of the Trusts external environment in order to identify & respond to variations from the local or national trends or analytics / reports produced externally.
The post will also be required to deputise for the Principal Data Analyst.About us
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To ensure that the Trust Data warehouse and associated reporting tools are utilised fully in delivering analytics and to work with other team members to co-ordinate the creation of generic tools to meet the needs of all Business Divisions within the toolkit.
- Identify and make recommendations to the Division or Trust in reducing costs and/or maximising its income, while considering the potential knock-on effect to quality and performance.
- Provide with the Divisions / Trust with performance reports that take into account productivity, quality, income and expenditure, risks & forecasts.
- Identify Data and Service Quality issues and participate in the development of new metrics to highlight these issues for resolution.
- Review the Divisions or Trusts performance in relation to national and local trends and highlight and explain any significant variations.
- Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information agreement or co-operation required present complex, sensitive or contentious information to large groups.
- Communication with Trust managers and clinicians at all levels, including giving technical presentations at meetings. Providing expert knowledge and technical knowledge as required to individual groups. Encouraging the application of new technologies where appropriate and proven.
- Communication with expert users to understand and evaluate current reporting and user requirements, from which proposals can be made, and if approved implemented.
- Communicates Data Analytics and Assurance service issues to a wide range of internal and external staff, guiding them to a certain course of action conveys analytics concepts clearly develops and delivers formal, complex analytical presentations to large groups.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with their associated Division, Corporate Function or Commissioning Contact. Routinely checking they are happy with the Data Analytics and Assurance service they are receiving.
- Attendance at local and national peer group meetings to share information concerning national datasets and new technologies.
- Presentations to demonstrate data analytics reporting and benefits of tools and technologies.
- Work with users to resolve problems and issues with data analytics reporting and software.
- Leads on briefing sessions and training days in relation to the use and interpretation of data analytics applications.
- Work with the DAA development teams in development of new Qlik Sense reporting applications and ensuring effective capture of end user requirements. To work and ensure that all reporting solutions to meet business requirements and ensure that the business requirements are met.
- Represent the department or its associated senior management in various internal and external meetings and seminars as and when required.
- The post holder will be responsible for the accuracy of any financial information contained in the any reports / dashboards produced and distributed by them.
- The post holder will be responsible for maintaining a record of income and expenses for the team or various projects.
- The post holder may need to raise orders / approve quotes or timesheets for products or services.
- Use of expensive and highly complex equipment.
- The post holder needs to ensure that the Trusts financial instructions are understood and discharged competently
- To communicate effectively and work well in a team.
- Occasional distressing or emotional circumstances
- Assists with staff performance issues
- Educated to Masters Level in Mathematics, Statistics, IT or similar subject. Alternatively work knowledge & experience of equivalent level.
- Mathematics qualification.
- IT qualification.
- Evidence of professional and /or personal Self-development.
- Management / Leadership qualification (such as iLM)
- Project Management qualification (such as Prince2)
- Statistics Qualification
- UK Chip Level 2 or Above
- Proven analytical experience.
- Experience of validating large or complex intelligence
- Use of statistics / forecasting
- Track record of developing information outputs through assessment and use of the most efficient analytical tools.
- Proven experience of creating and delivering Training Programmes & presentations to various levels of staff.
- Experience of report & dashboard development (from design, production, validation and launch stages).
- Creation of Programme, Project and Work Plans.
- Experience of formulating business cases for BI requirements and/or contributing to business cases
- Experience of mentoring staff.
- Proven Track Record of managing varied projects and programmes of work to tight deadlines / budgets.
- Working with Financial / Performance software
- Experience of web-based data analysis reporting software such as QlikView and Qlik Sense
- Capturing end user requirements.
- Experience of Identifying, Managing or Communicating Data Quality Issues.
- Minimum of 3 Years Health Informatics Experience.
- Experience of working in a busy NHS Acute Trust/Community information department.
- Experience of supporting clinicians and management in the provision and interpretation of information.
- Experience of Statistics / Forecasting
- Experience of QlikView and Qlik Sense reporting software
- Experience of using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience of creating machine learning models using tools such as Python or R.
- Management or leadership experience (including undertaking performance development reviews) in an Information Department.
- Understanding of medical records procedures.
- Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Excellent Microsoft Office awareness & skill
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to turn raw data into presentable reports and charts.
- Advance mathematics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, combined with active participation and the ability to respond and provide direct feedback in sometimes-pressured circumstances.
- Proactive and responsive to customer demands.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time on diverse, complex analyses, with frequent interruptions.
- Motivation, negotiation & diplomacy skills.
- Able to assimilate intelligence needs and convert into appropriate and feasible system requirements.
- Ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to prioritise varied and high volume workloads to tight deadlines, both for self and team members.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with all levels and disciplines of staff.
- Leadership & people management
- QlikView and Qlik Sense development and analysis
- Project & Programme Management
- Microsoft T-SQL
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence, its Purpose, Potential Uses and Future Direction.
- Knowledge of Hospital / Clinical & Acute systems.
- Knowledge of Statistical Methods and when they should be applied.
- NHS Commissioning / Payment By Results / Elective Recovery Funding
- A sound understanding of local and national, current and long-term NHS issues, Direction, Modernisation agenda and associated performance related targets.
- A thorough understanding of minimum data sets currently in use, and central reporting requirements of an NHS Trust.
- Knowledge and Awareness of current and emerging analytical technologies in order to best advise on future direction and systems development.
- Knowledge of QlikView, Qlik Sense or other reporting software.
- Acute Care (Diagnosis and Treatments)
- HED Content
- Working knowledge of Hospital Patient Administration Systems and Hospital Information Systems.
- Knowledge of Wrightington Wigan and Leigh's Systems including CliniCom PAS, Oracle Financials, Datix, ESR, Snowflake, QlikView and Qlik Sense, Altera Sunrise Clinical Management or TPP SystmOne
- Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.