In order to apply for this post you must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit an adaptable and committed Pharmacy Technician to the Marie Curie Centre. The
post-holder will play a key role in the development of a new clinical pharmacy service to the hospice, therefore
good communication and organisational skills are essential.
The Marie Curie Hospice offers specialist care for people living with a terminal illness and support for their families. The Hospice has a 12 bed inpatient unit as well as a fully equipped outpatient service department. The Hospice and associated outpatient unit require a comprehensive specialist clinical pharmacy service.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Pharmacy Technicians.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Level 3 Diploma in Pharmacy Services Skills (NVQ) or equivalent qualification.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Accredited Checking Technician
- Significant experience of technical pharmacy service delivery which would normally be achieved after at least three years post qualification acquired through NVQ3 in Pharmacy Services or BTEC equivalent level qualification plus specialist training and experience to degree or equivalent level.
- Experience of working as a medicines management technician on hospital wards.
- Numeracy skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good team working skills
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Computer literate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Medicines Management
- Knowledge and understanding of Pharmaceutical technical procedures specific to the area of work
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.