The SWLSTG Trust is seeking a consultant psychiatrist for the Primary care mental health team. This is a new post . The vacancy has arisen because of taking over of Primary care mental health services in Kingston Borough from previous service provider Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust. Currently there is a Locum Consultant in the post.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and dynamic Consultant Psychiatrist to join this effective and friendly team.
As a Trust we are proud to offer agile and flexible working opportunities as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage.
Additionally, we offer a number of enhanced benefits, including a relocation package available- Up to �8,000 relocation package available *terms and conditions apply* Closing date: Sunday 10th December 2023
(midnight) Assessment date: Monday 18th December 2023 Interview / AAC panel date (via MS Teams): Tuesday 19th December 2023Main duties of the job
The post-holder will provide medical leadership to Kingston PCMHT. The primary interfaces will be with GP's, Integrated recovery hubs (CMHT's) and Kingston home treatment team. The Consultant will work closely with the team Manager to ensure a safe, efficient, and effective service that meets the Trust's Key Performance/Quality Indicators.
While individual clinicians within the team have responsibility for the clinical care they deliver, the consultant shares with the team manager and other team members responsibility for ensuring the care delivered by the team is safe and of a good standard. This includes participating in systems of audit and clinical governance, working to resolve problems on their own initiative, and where necessary drawing any concerns they have been unable to resolve themselves to the attention of the clinical manager and Associate Clinical Director.About us
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of �20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
- Medical leadership, working in the multi-disciplinary team and working closely with, and providing cross-cover to other Consultant Psychiatrists within the Kingston borough.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day clinical care, risk assessment, risk management, initiation of medication, advice to GPs and the recovery focused care delivered by the team.
- Domiciliary visits as required.
- Providing cross-cover for the Consultant colleagues where necessary.
- Management of complex cases.
- Allocation of resources, in collaboration with the team manager, to service users and carers.
- Ensuring the delivery of effective, efficient, and safe, recovery focused mental health care.
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working with social care, statutory and voluntary and third sector partners.
KNOWLEDGE: & EXPERIENCE:Essential
- Primary Medical degree
- Full GMC registration.
- MRCPsych, or equivalent
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register for General Adult Psychiatry or eligible for such inclusion on the Specialist Registrar within three months of completing their CCT
- Section 12 (2) approval of the Mental Health Act
AUDIT AND MANAGEMENT:Essential
- Completed minimum of three years full time training in approved higher psychiatric training scheme.
- A detailed knowledge of main treatment approaches for severe mental illness including psychopharmacological interventions
- Commitment to developing practice through clinical audit and/or research.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:Essential
- Experience of service planning and development
- Evidence of participation in research, and outcomes of studies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate psychiatry
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
22 Hollyfield Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.