Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a large District General Hospital with an ever growing cardio-respiratory diagnostic department which is invested in developing the future workforce for Cardiac Physiologist/Healthcare Scientists.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team delivering cardiac and respiratory diagnostics across Calderdale Royal Hospital, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and the new Community Diagnostic Spoke and Hub in the heart of the Halifax and Huddersfield communities.
The post holder will hold a BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology (Cardiology)/Healthcare Science (Cardiology) and applicants in the final year of the programme are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will hold ILS certification and be registered with AHCS/RCCP within 3 months of appointment, and be a dedicated, reliable and committed individual to support the service.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as a key member of the Cardio-Respiratory Service, by competently carrying out various diagnostic procedures in various health care settings.
- To carry out physiological measurement testing on patients and produce a factual report as an independent practitioner in Cardiology procedures within non-invasive Cardiology.
- To record and produce factual written or verbal reports for diagnostic cardiac investigations. To include
12 Lead electrocardiograph (ECGs)
Application and analysis of ambulatory ECGs
Application and analysis of ambulatory blood pressure (BP)
Myocardial Perfusion Scanning
- To supervise and train students and apprentices in non-invasive Cardiology procedures.
- To use judgment and inform medical teams of untoward reports in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To work collaboratively on a day-to-day basis with others to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the non-invasive Cardiology service.
We employ more than 6,500 staffwho deliver compassionate care from our two main hospitals,Calderdale Royal Hospital and Huddersfield Royal Infirmary as well as in community sites, healthcentres and in patients' homes. We also are incredibly proud to have almost 150 volunteers here at CHFT.
We provide a range of services including urgent and emergency care medical surgical maternity gynaecology critical care children's and young people's services end of life care and outpatient and diagnostic imaging services.
We provide community health services, including sexual health services in Calderdale from Calderdale Royal and local health centres. These include Todmorden Health Centre and Broad Street Plaza.
We continue to modernise and invest in our health services to build on our strong reputation.Foundation trusts are public leaders in improving quality in health services. They are part of the NHS- yet decisions about what they do and how they do it are driven by independent boards. Boardslisten to their Council of Governors and respond to the needs of their members - patients, staff andthe local community.
Foundation trusts provide what the health service wants, yet are also free to invest quickly in thechanges to the local community needs, in striving to be the best, and in putting their patients first.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONS / TRAININGEssential
- Reporting to and liaising with medical colleagues about patients requiring medical review.
- The ability to analyse and act upon abnormal reports.
- The ability to recognise and act upon significant abnormalities.
- To train and help in the development of students and apprentices undertaking training within the department.
- Provide Immediate Life Support where required in the Cardio-respiratory department and throughout the trust premises as required.
- To carry out after training any technique associated with this grade.
- To perform several routine tasks including patient and equipment preparation, routine maintenance, fault analysis/reporting and restocking of consumables.
- Is responsible for organising and planning own clinical workload to meet patient and service priorities.
- Works throughout a number of areas recognizing all aspects of infections control measures needed specific clinical area.
- Works as an autonomous practitioner within established policies and codes of practice.
- To be competent in manual handling skills for patients and equipment.
- Use safe manual handling techniques when moving both patients and equipment.
- To work within the non-invasive Cardiology service as required.
- BSc in Clinical Physiology (Cardiology) or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISEEssential
- Intermediate Life Support
- Registration with RCCP and/or AHCS
Desirable COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS (INCLUDING MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES)Essential
- Experience of all non-invasive diagnostic cardiology procedures
- Excellent ECG analysis skills
- Independent practitioner in non-invasive cardiology
- Evidence of maintaining CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience/Knowledge of current professional issues and national standards in non-invasive Cardiology
- Ability to organise, prioritise workload and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Calderdale Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.