Main duties of the job
- Use of business architect and project management skills to support the development of new pharmacy business and clinical systems.
- To contribute to the training and education programme for pharmacists, technicians and student technicians, junior medical staff, and Foundation Year trainees across MPFT.
- Participate in developing and reviewing Patient Group Directions and Shared Care Documents.
- Be responsible for ensuring formulary compliance is incorporated into the data prepared for Care Groups.
- Collaborate with other healthcare and information technology professionals to promote efficient and safe optimal use of medications and technology.
- Maintain clinical effectiveness by participating in dispensary rotas
- Take the lead for the analysis of prescribing and business data, and reporting this at a senior level within the pharmacy team and preparing thematic reports for Care Groups.
- Contributing to the transformation of pharmaceutical care by use of new and existing technologies by analysing, designing, implementing, maintain, and evaluating information and systems.
- Contributing to the development and governance of Patient Group Directions (PGDs) and Shared Care Agreements (ESCAs) and ensuring compliance with the legal framework and clinical appropriateness.
- Lead on the provision of prescribing information to a range of stakeholder groups in support of cost-effective prescribing.
- Provide specialist clinical pharmacy service to specified wards and community services.
- Providing business architect and decision making skills for the development of new pharmacy systems e.g. the discharge management service (DMS) and other projects that may involve partnership working within ICS systems.
- Line management of finance clerk, and responsible for their work programmes
- Rotation through the Medicines Information Department and covering for the substantive role holder when absent
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Digital Innovation: Lead and Act on digital projects and work to improve efficiency with the Pharmacy team.
- Informatics: Manage delivery of training on clinical systems, manage implementation of DMS service, develop and review policies of new digital ways of working. Be equipped with the knowledge of pharmacy practice and informatics implementation to ensure safe clinical decision making.
- Corporate responsibilities: Be actively involved with the department Education team. Work closely with senior clinical staff to ensure the delivery of software applications meets the needs of the team, and support the deployment and maintenance of the ePMA system across patient services.
- Managerial: To deputise for the Head of Digital Improvement and Innovation where appropriate, and work with colleagues to foster an environment that promotes Pharmacy staff engagement. Responsible for the provision of data and analysis of Key Performance Indicators, prescribing and business intelligence indicators.
- Pharmacy Technician Level 3 Diploma or equivalent
- Registered UK Pharmacy Technician (GPhC)
- Evidence of relevant Continued Professional Development
- Train the Trainer qualification or equivalent experience
- Managerial qualification/training
- PRINCE 2 qualification or working towards this
- Experience if delivering a digital innovation to clinical staff, e.g EPMA
- Experience of data analysis and interpretation of findings
- Experience in a broad range of hospital pharmacy activities, including dispensary and clinical pharmacy
- Experience of audit
- Experience of training multi-disciplinary staff.
- Experience of collaborative working in multidisciplinary settings
Skills, knowledge and abilitiesEssential
- Risk management
- Staff management
- Research/project experience
- Policy and service development
- Medicines Information
- Demonstration of up to date clinical awareness in specialist area
- Knowledge and understanding of medicines legislation and awareness of current developments
- Understanding the need of confidentiality awareness at all times
- Leadership skills, supervisory skills, presentation skills
- Organised and able to plan and manage work programmes, able to work on own initiative, and time management
- Able to lead and implement service development
- Advanced keyboard skills/fine manipulation skills
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge and awareness of current developments in pharmacy practice and NHS strategies.
- Business case preparation, report writing, negotiation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate drive and energy to motivate self and others
- Ability to gain the confidence and credibility of a range of professionals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accurate, precise.
- Enthusiastic about digital developments in pharmacy services.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.