We are looking for a bank of motivated and enthusiastic Oliver McGowan Training, Facilitating Trainers to help deliver ad hoc Tier 1 & Tier 2 training.
This is an important role where the post holder will deliver new learning disability and autism training, known as Oliver McGowan MandatoryTraining, to people who work in health and social care across Gloucestershire.
You will ideally have an in-depth understanding of learningdisability and autism and are likely to have some experience of training delivery. You will be leading and supporting our co-trainers who areexperts with lived experience in autism and learning disability.
By training our Trust's workforce, you will be instrumental in promoting social inclusion and reducing inequalities in healthcare.Main duties of the job
Co-produce & co-deliver training activity, working effectively with service users & carers in the planning, development, delivery & evaluation of training & education activities.
Help to ensure the effective organisation of training activity which may include booking training dates & venues devising and/orfollowing training booking & recording processes & procedures recording attendance & updating training records in line withGeneral Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Develop & deliver training to a wide range of disciplines and agencies.
Be confident using technologies (including a range of Microsoft packages) to deliver training & communicate with colleagues including use of one or more a Learning Management System (LMS).
Identify & liaise effectively with a variety of voluntary, private & other statutory organisations.
Ensure that effective systems of evaluation are in place & quality assurance maintained and continually developed.About us
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-qualitycare strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with aconversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including newways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience todeliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this veryimportant journey.The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification.Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Length and/or Nature of ExperienceEssential
- Educated to degree level or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- Experience of ongoing continuing professional development
Professional Managerial Specialist KnowledgeEssential
- Robust experience, understanding and application of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act within in a health and/or social care environment or similar
- Robust experience and understanding of the Human Rights Act 1998, the Autism Act 2009, The Equality Act 2010, Safeguarding requirements UK Legal Valid Consent Laws and DNACPR Case Law
- Experience delivering high quality services to people with a learning disability and autistic people in a professional role, e.g. registered nurse in learning disability, occupational therapist or social worker, or can demonstrate an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the fields of autism and learning disability and is familiar with current issues
Personal Skills, Abilities & AttributesEssential
- Proven ability to deliver a wide range of highly effective training and learning interventions to a wide variety of health and/or social care audiences
- Excellent presentation skills
- Robust time and project management skills to ensure the training is delivered on time, with all learning outcomes adequately addressed
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner as part of a distance-managed team, utilising good organisational skills to prioritise and manage workload
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An ability to work flexibly and in independently in accordance with the needs of the role
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The NHS Training Hub, Invista
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.