POST INCLUDES RECRUIT AND RETAIN PREMIUM OF �5500 P.A.
Come and join us on an exciting journey of modern development, enthusiastically embracing physiology-led services, facing challenges with originality and building a team that's committed to supporting you and your career.
We place high value on the right team-member - we want energy, enthusiasm, teamwork, flexibility and innovation to underpin all we do.
We are looking for physiologists with strong clinical skills and a commitment to team contribution and development. Our Echo service includes adult transthoracic studies, a grown-up congenital heart disease service, a physiology led valve surveillance service, physiology led stress echo, cardiopulmonary exercise testing and transoesophageal studies. Imminent service redesign will create more opportunities for early intervention studies in A+E/AAU, as well as a significant increase in our community diagnostic hubs in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield. Our Invasive service includes 3 Cardiac Catheter labs supporting primary PCI, pacing and EP. We have a large pacemaker follow-up service.
We will support your career giving time for training and opportunity to work in whichever areas of the service you wish to specialise in. We are looking to fill full-time roles but will support part-time applicants.Main duties of the job
About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
- Why work for Cardiology at ESHT?
- We have a commitment to using Physiology-led services as a core part of our Cardiology service. We are about to deliver a redesigned Getting it Right First Time service where Physiology services are key to delivering fantastic service for our patients
- We are committed to a training and development pathway built around you and your career.
You can be from any Cardiology specialist background, suitable qualifications and experience in Echocardiography (BSE accreditation) or IBHRE as appropriate are desirable, but we will consider those with recent accreditation, or those looking to retrain . You will have BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent relevant experience as a qualified band 6.
- We support further development of physiologists, including study at Masters and HSST level for physiology, training and management.
- We support HSST, STP, PTP, apprentice and ETP trainees, as well as management training
- We are an accredited teaching site for the Scientist Training Programme
- Voluntary Registration with the RCCP or HCPC is desirable and encouraged.
- This post will allow for clinical time in other Cardiology disciplines if required
- It is desirable that you have a range of Cardiac Physiology skills.
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.
In 2022 East Sussex Cardiology is undergoing service transformation in order to exceed national targets and guidelines, as well as to deliver an environment that supports modern cardiac physiology career pathwaysJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualifications/trainingEssential
- BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent (eg.HTEC in MPPM plus specialist courses).
- Adult Echocardiography BSE Accreditation
- Voluntary registration with RCCP
- Proven continuous professional development to Masters level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- IBHRE or BHRS accreditation
- Experienced in performing Exercise Stress Tests, Holter monitoring and analysis
- Experience in adult echocardiography
- Experience of supervision and training of junior staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in special adult echocardiography: dyssynchrony, bubble, contrast, complex adult congenital and valve assessments.
- Stress echo experience
- Experience in invasive procedures
- Experience of training staff of other disciplines
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.