We are currently looking for a proactive Deputy ward manager, who will join our team on Trafford Ward. If you are looking for a dynamic role where you are able to showcase your high level of patient care and staff management, as well as your strong team work ethic, this is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate added value in a challenging environment.
About the role
Reporting to the Trafford Ward Manager, you will support the manager in
* managing a team of nursing staff within the ward, alongside other deputies
* to manage patient flow on a shift by shift basis, encouraging safe and effective discharges of all service users within our care
* to undertake discharge planning, liaising with other discharge services in order to facilitate a safe and effective discharge
*to work within a multidisciplinary team in order to deliver high standards of care that are expected within our team
* to supervise and encourage learning and career development of others within your responsibility group
* to undertake appraisals and supervisions of an allocated staff group
*to keep updated of any changes made within our trust in order to continue the trust values
* to deputies when manager is not on duty
This post is open to professionals with the right attributes to enhance a team.Main duties of the job
- Demonstrate highly developed clinical nursing skills, acting as a role model andproviding professional leadership, being a clinical advisor and educator to teammembers.
- Assists the team in making clinical decisions and when planning and prioritising patient care and delegation to team members.
- Ensure appropriate multidisciplinary assessments of patients needs and those of their carers are completed in a timely manner.
- Direct the staff in working in partnership with the patient and carer to agree patient focussed multidisciplinary rehabilitation/care goals treatment plans and estimated discharge dates.
- Respond appropriately to the changing patients needs, escalating problems to Medical or specialist staff, and /or the Ward Manager, In-patient Business Manager or On Call Manager if the situation cannot be resolved at ward level.
- Recognise potential and actual situations of conflict between staff, patients, relatives and carers and using negotiation and counselling skills to achieve compromise and defuse possible unpredictable situations to achieve the best outcome.
- Ensure the Ward Sister role is visible and a known individual to all patients through regular contact.
- Maintain accurate record keeping in line with both trust policy and professional guidelines.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
Person Specificationeducation and qualificationsEssential
- Lead the nursing team in clinical practice to provide safe, quality, patient focused care to clients.
- Ensure an interdisciplinary focus within health care provision for patients.
- Lead the timely assessment of patient needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and treatment.
- 1st Level Registration Adult branch. (Active on the NMC register)
- Degree level education or willingness to work towards
- Team management experience
- Rehabilitation experience
- experience of working in a MDT
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of undertaking appraisals and clinical supervision for staff
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Able to form positive working relationships with staff to help develop them
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own work and recognises limits of authority within the role
- Ability to organise and priorities own workload
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work flexibly as part of team
- problem solving and decision making skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- understanding of Mental health Act (DOLS, SOVA)
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.