We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic administrative operations manager to join the International Centre for Recurrent Head and Neck Cancer (IReC) at The Royal Marsden. IReC was set-up at The Royal Marsden in 2021 to accelerate research and improve outcomes for patients with rHNC. IReC has the ambitious aim of bringing together a team of talented clinicians and researchers to create a centre of international excellence and set international standards in the curative treatment, palliation, and supportive care of recurrent head and neck cancers.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in clinical research and project management, with the ability to work independently on multiple projects across the unit. The successful candidate will be expected to oversee and manage projects in addition to assisting the trial managers with tasks required for the effective running of clinical trials. If this role sounds perfect for you, please complete the online application form.Main duties of the job
- The Project Support Officer will need to be an enthusiastic, experienced and highly organised individual who enjoys working in a friendly, face-paced environment.
- The Project Support Officer will be responsible for the provision of high quality, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to the Director of IReC and the wider IReC team.
- The post holder will frequently be the first point of contact for key stakeholders. The post holder will have exemplary communication skills to ensure that a positive impression is maintained at all times.
- The post holder will work at all times with a high degree of discretion and initiative, respecting confidentiality of information at all times.
- This post sits within the Clinical Research Division, providing Academic secretarial and administrative support to the Director of the International Centre for Recurrent Head and Neck Cancer, IReC and the wider IReC team.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification
- Provide high quality project, service, initiative, and administrative support including information and analysis, and general reporting such as supporting project leads to write highlight reports.
- Provide high quality support to project leads and other members of the project team to ensure that the tasks and activities are planned, managed, and delivered effectively.
- Lead on implementation of defined projects with the support from the appropriate programme lead.
- Support implementation of projects, services, initiatives through timely and relevant information analysis and administrative support, in accordance with agreed priorities.
- Establish and Develop office practices for the Director of IReC and the wider IReC team, ensuring compliance with best business practice.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification and or experience.
- Demonstrable previous Senior PA at Senior Management level.
- Experience of complex diary management
- Experience of minute taking and report writing, including minute taking at scientific meetings
- Experience of the management and scheduling of clinics
- Experience of preparation for presentations including lecture notes and slides.
- Experience of proof reading of research papers
- Office management experience.
- Experience of working within the Healthcare sector
- Experience of working in an academic institution
- Experience of managing invoices/orders
- Supervisory management qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent administrative/organisational skills
- Willingness and demonstrable ability to work collaboratively as part of a team with collegiate working style and willingness to share responsibility
- Using resources effectively and efficiently, maximising skills in others
- Ability to exercise personal responsibility/initiative within appropriate boundaries
- Evidence of ability to work independently
- Proactively take initiative
- Evidence of ability to work calmly whilst under pressure and prioritise unanticipated demands
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to produce accurate and consistent work with attention paid to detail
- Competent at Microsoft Word to a high standard, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to help to support and develop the role of others. Evidence of ability to handle sensitive information without compromising confidentiality
- Proven experience of commitment to delivering high quality customer service
- Demonstrable awareness of the needs of the multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the NHS
- Understanding of medical terminology (especially o oncology)
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.