Are you passionate about Leg Ulcer Management and Tissue Viability? Then we would like to hear from those who wish to specialise in this exciting field.
The Lower Limb Therapy Service has consistently improved outcomes for patients with ulceration, and we strive to empower patients by delivering holistic treatments that are effective and always tailored to individual needs.
You should demonstrate a proven ability to deliver a high standard of care to patients. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, the ability to manage and prioritise a caseload, whilst working as a member of the multi disciplinary teams. Applicants needs to be flexible and able to meet the challenges of working in a busy clinic-based setting.
Whilst previous experience is desirable, specialist training will be provided for the right applicants. Therefore a passion for healing patients with lower limb ulceration is absolutely essential. Continued Professional Development is an integral part of the LLTS, and we are a supportive, friendly and welcoming team.
Successful applicants will possess a full UK Driving Licence, and daily access to transport. As the team is peripatetic, this role will be based at various outpatient clinics, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, so flexibility with travelling to clinics will be required.
The LLTS currently has vacancies for a full time Band 5 post (5 days per week) and part time Band 5 post (4 days per week). We welcome applications for both.Main duties of the job
- As a Lower Limb Therapy Service Registered Nurse with Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, you will be working together as part of a multidisciplinary and professional team to assess care needs, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care. Our staff are committed to providing high standards of individualised care for the people who use our services, whilst maintaining their privacy and dignity at all times.
- To provide evidence based specialist leg ulcer assessments and treatments, delivering high quality care, support, advice, and information to patients and carers, ultimately enabling patients to enjoy maximum independence and optimum quality of life.
- This position will be based within various Trust Outpatient clinic locations for non-housebound patients, and to offer specialist assessments within patients' homes for housebound patients.
Our people are caring, committed, inclusive and focused on quality. We focus on solutions and people's strengths. We encourage outside the box thinking and embrace innovation and change wherever it can drive improvement. If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team Torbay and South Devon.
And if you do join us, you'll be working in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK, with a fantastic quality of life. We actively encourage our people to enjoy a good work/life balance and Devon offers everything from city living to a host of outdoor activities. Whether it's the coast that floats your boat, the adrenaline of white-water rafting, trekking across the moors or being mindful in nature, you'll find it all right on your doorstep.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability for the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered Nurse Level 1 or Health and Care Professions Council Registered Podiatrist
- Evidence of CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leg Ulcer Management experience or qualification
- Tissue Viability experience or qualification
- Compression Therapy experience or qualification
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.