An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead and develop the operational adult mental health social work services in both Peterborough City Council (PCC) and Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC).
The Trust continues to build an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic selves and produce their best work. Our focus on inclusion is intended to build greater diversity in order to reflect the society we serve and be an employer of choice.Main duties of the job
The post requires a high level of partnership and collaborative working across the NHS and with our two local authorities, as well as other partners, agencies and providers within our health and social care community.
This post needs someone who is a registered social worker, has strong leadership skills and demonstrates a proven record of management and leadership. Extensive experience of working within mental health services is essential to support the pathway.
You will be expected to strengthen the leadership of social work within CPFT and actively support the delivery of the Section 75 Agreement within CPFT.About us
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health and social care organisation dedicated to providing high-quality care with compassion to improve the health and wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting andempowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services, not only via inpatient and primary care settings, but also within the community. These services include children's, adult and older people's mental health, forensic and specialist mental health, learning disabilities, primary care and liaison psychiatry, substance misuse, social care, research and development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high-calibre candidates who share our vision and values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people and members of ourethnic minority andLGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
1. To lead and manage the delivery of a high quality effective social work service meeting the needs of adults with mental health problems in a responsive way.
2. Proactively work with colleagues to ensure that relevant policies, procedures, and guidance relating to service delivery and employment are in place and are effectively implemented including practice standards and quality assurance governance arrangements.
3. To have a thorough understanding of the S75 Partnership Agreement relating to the provision of Social Work services within CPFT.
4. To ensure that systems and processes are in place to evidence and report on required performance indicators this includes delegated legislative responsibilities in relation to the Care Act (2014), Mental Health Act (1983 and subsequent revisions), Mental Capacity Act (2005) and all other applicable statute.
5. To ensure that there is an appropriately resourced, and fit for purpose AMHP service in place.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Recognised degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Social Work
- Active Social Work England (SWE) Registration.
- Relevant post graduate qualification.
- Level 5 diploma in management or equivalent
- Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification
- Extensive demonstrable experience of developing and sustaining systems and processes to effect high quality service delivery and maintain performance standards.
- Extensive demonstrable experience of analysing complex issues and offer sound professional and managerial advice.
- Committed to a systemic approach to social work and social learning theory interventions
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of delivering high quality professional services in line with service standards.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Social Work Practice and/or Management within a health based environment.
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to challenge others constructively and make informed decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Extensive demonstrable knowledge of, and commitment to governmental, national, and local council priorities and policies, and relevant Social Care and Health policy and practice in relation to the provision of services
- Extensive demonstrable knowledge and understanding of systems and processes to manage case work and budgets in order to provide effective service delivery
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of safeguarding and risk management.
- Extensive demonstrable project management experience of delivering successful service change and development projects in line with agreed quality, time, and cost targets.
- Working knowledge and awareness of S75 Partnership Agreement arrangements.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Frequent travel across region
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.