Ward Manager Department Ward 25 Band 7 �43,742 - �50,056 per annum Hours: 37.5 per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Ward Manager position on Ward 25 in our Cancer Centre to support and the Oncology and Haematology patient care.
The team aspire to provide exceptional care for the public of Milton Keynes and as such we are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, proactive and motivated Registered Nurse to assist us to achieve our aspirations and lead the team.
Are you that nurse?
The successful candidate will work alongside the current senior structure within the Cancer Centre, collaborating to ensure the provision of high quality, visible, professional leadership, setting and maintaining standards of clinical excellence, improving outcomes and experiences for patients, families, and carers within the Haematology service. Experience and understanding of Oncological and haematological malignancies and treatments would be desirable but training opportunities would be provided to enhance skills.
The post holder will work on service development and governance to ensure the unit maintains high national and peer review standards. Interview date: 6/12/23Main duties of the job
This rapidly expanding modern and busy centre offers many training opportunities for their staff, recent developments have led to the opening of our cancer centre in February 2020. A forward thinking & supportive Management Team, Nurse Practitioners, Palliative Care Team & Macmillan Information and Support Centre support this developing service.
We passionately believe in holistic care, with a newly established wellbeing team to enhance the recovery package for patients living with and beyond cancer. We have Citizen Advice Bureau onsite and offer a wide range of carers and patient support groups.
Opportunities to develop both clinical & managerial skills & for further study.About us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical Practice
- Act as a credible, strong and visible role model in the ward ensuring that there is regular contact with patients, carers and staff
- Develops and maintains a quality service ensuring that all staff are aware of the key objectives/ambitions of the unit and the ward area.
- To participate in the development of Divisional and Trust policies, ensuring that they reflect the strategic plans of the Trust
- Ensure the effective utilisation of staffing resources over a 24-hour period to maintain safe staffing levels according to care needs and within budget.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for more details.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Take a lead role in the education and assessment of all nursing staff and pre and post registration students ensuring an appropriate learning environment in accordance with the University and Trust requirements
- Ensure that ward staffs education aims to meet the requirements of National Cancer Standards & specialty in order to meet the physical, psychological and treatment needs of Cancer inpatients.
- RGN with relevant post registration experience
- Relevant First Degree/ENB 237/A27 or equivalent
- Chemotherapy course
- ENB 998 and relevant teaching experience
- Evidence of own updating and academic education
- Advanced Communication skills training
- RGN with relevant post registration experience in specialty
- Experience of managing cancer inpatient ward including inpatient Systemic Anti- Cancer Therapy
- Relevant experience at Band 6 level
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous budgetary experience
- Knowledge of clinical trials and their use within a Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy setting
- Audit awareness
- Knowledge of Peer review process
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Proven ability in cannulation and administration of Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy
- Knowledge relating to pathways and treatment for solid tumours and haematological malignancies
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Management of CVAD's
- Maturity / self awareness
- Good team working skills
- Sensitivity based on knowledge
- Enthusiasm / motivation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and non-verbal skills
- Advanced communication course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ward 25 (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.