Department: Ward 27 General Medicine/Medically Optimised for Discharge
We've got an outstanding development opportunity for an experienced and senior nurse to take on the role of a Sister/Charge Nurse on Ward 27 at Bradford Royal Infirmary that provides 24-hour care for patients with a range of General Medical conditions who are in the discharge planning process.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual to come and join our team, who has excellent leadership, clinical, communication and interpersonal skills and is passionate about providing a high standard of patient care.
The successful candidate will support the Ward Manager with the clinical and nursing leadership of the ward and will be required to lead the team in providing nursing care in a multi-disciplinary team structure.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate commitment to personal and service development and will be expected to be a positive role model for the team.
Applicants should have:
Previous experience of acute nursing at Band 5 for a minimum of 2 years
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Excellent leadership skills and the ability to work under pressure
A dedication to providing a high standard of patient care
Evidence of continuing professional and personal developmentMain duties of the job
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily running of the ward including supporting and developing junior colleagues, planning, implementing and evaluating plans of care to ensure patients receive a high standard of care. To manage the nursing and clerical staff
- Assists the Ward Manager in the organisation and control of all patient care and treatment maintaining high standards of care.
- Develops leadership skills both professional and managerial.
- Assists in ensuring effective communication with all levels of staff and the whole multidisciplinary team.
- Assists in assessing the overall resource requirements for the ward
- Assists in implementing and maintaining all policies and ensures staff compliance.
- Initiates and develops new ideas for the improvement of services to patients in consultation with the Ward Manager.
- Assists in producing staff rotas, creating shift patterns which meet the care needs of the patients.
- Assists in considering skill mix to develop a workforce capable of meeting patient needs.
- In Ward Manager's absence, investigates and reports on complaints from patients/relatives/carers and staff and reports to Departmental Manager or Matron.
- Investigates and reports accidents and untoward occurrences and reports to Ward Manager or Matron.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Post-registration experience of working in an acute medical nursing setting, minimum of 2 years at band 5
- Regularly in charge of a ward/department
- Experience of working within the Multidisciplinary team
- Delivered improvement in patient care
- Experience in policy development
- Experience of developing innovative practice
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Ability to prioritise care and problem solve
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to challenge practice and support staff
- Ability to make decisions and escalate appropriately
- Evidence of reflective practice
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors, and staff.
- Understanding of what the NHS Constitution means to you, and your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues.
- An understanding of the acute medicine patient flow process
- Recruitment and Selection, Appraisal and other relevant HR/People management training
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Appropriate NMC Registration RN- Adult Nursing
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Mentoring/Teaching qualification
- Evidence of current CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post registration qualification in relevant specialty
- Leadership or management development qualification
- Advanced communication skills qualification
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.