An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Financial Accounts team at West London NHS Trust as a Capital Accountant.
The Capital Accountant role is based in the Finance Team reporting to the Head of Financial Services. The role provides support in the delivery of the Trust's Capital Programme by working closely with members of the Finance Team and Capital Project Teams across the Trust to monitor spend and ensure information is recorded and reported accurately. You will work under your own initiative and involve others within wider Finance Team to ensure departmental timetables and priorities are met.Main duties of the job
The postholder will work closely with a friendly and supportive finance team as well as capital and corporate colleagues to ensure we provide the best possible care to patients and deliver the best value for money for the people of West London.
The successful candidate will be an appropriately qualified, experienced and committed individual, who can take the lead on processes such as monitoring capital spend within the Trust, and maintenance of the Trust's Fixed Asset Register.
The role includes processing month end journals, providing figures for monthly capital reporting and reviewing financial information on a monthly basis, as well as supporting completion of annual statutory accounts. The role will also involve liaison with external stakeholders such as VAT specialists and District Valuer.About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse healthcare providers in the UK, delivering a range of mental health and physical healthcare and community services. The Trust runs Broadmoor Hospital, one of three high secure hospitals in the country, with an international reputation.
Our high secure services care for patients from South of England and we provide low and medium secure services across eight London boroughs. The Trust also provides mental and physical healthcare in three London boroughs (Ealing, Hounslow and Hammersmith & Fulham). We employ 4,500 staff, of whom 56% are BME. Our turnover for 2023-24 is �426m.
The Trust is rated as 'Good' overallby the Care Quality Commission. Forensic services are rated as 'Outstanding'.
The Trust is an established partner and contributor in the development of the evolving North West London Integrated Care System and the Integrated Care Board. The Trust leads the NW London Children and Adolescent Mental Health provider collaborative.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Candidate Pack provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. Please view as attached
The person specification below is not the full person specification, but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Holds a recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification (CCAB or CIMA) or is a finalist with a recognised accountancy body on target to qualify within 12 months
- Degree or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD
- Better Business Cases Foundation / Practitioner
- Understanding of the NHS finance regime
- Knowledge of capital/financial planning
- Understanding confidentiality and data protection issues
- Able to work towards agreed objectives, working within broad professional policies with the freedom to act without reference to line manager.
- Is knowledge specialist in the area of capital accounting.
- Knowledge of RAM accounting software
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly competent use of Microsoft packages (e.g. Excel, Word)
- Ability to use initiative and problem solving.
- Ability to analyse and compare complex data
- Experience and use of asset management systems
- Ability to transfer skills gained in current to different finance areas
West London NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.