We have exciting opportunities available within our surgical unit at Northwick Park Hospital. Sainsbury is a 19 bedded inpatient surgical unit with 3 private beds. This encompasses General Surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Maxillofacial, Urology, Vascular, Orthopaedic specialties and can also include Medical patients.
To be responsible for the care of the patients on the ward. To work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team to plan, implement and evaluate patient care with respect to their goals and holistic needs. To uphold the trust valuesMain duties of the job
We are looking for both newly qualified and experienced nurses to come and join our team as full time permanent post. We will offer support and development to the successful candidates.
To work according to the NMC - The Code and other professional guidelines.To be accountable for coordinating safe patient care and ensuring efficiency of the patient flow pathway.Providing a high standard of patient care.To be an advocate for patients.To participate as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients requiring specialized care pre and post operatively.
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationAbout us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- CLINICAL PRACTICE
- EFFECTIVE USE OF MATERIAL AND HUMAN RESOURCES
- PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 To be responsible for the assessment of care needs development, delivery and implementation of programmes of care for an assigned patient group
1.2 To ensure effective two-way communication with all disciplines so that patients receive optimum care.
1.3 To maintain appropriate practices in line with the policies of this hospital, to participate in research based nursing care to meet the identified needs of the patient, equipment and leadership of a team.
1.4 Together with senior staff, review standards of patient care specific to colorectal and general surgery, and to work to the agreed standards, monitoring outcomes.
1.5 To follow the trusts agreed to good practice when discharging clinical responsibilities.
1.6 To be aware of the policies and philosophies of London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, including Health and Safety and ensure all actions are carried out within these guidelines.
1.7 To maintain a safe environment for staff, patients and relatives.
1.8 To ensure high quality nursing care is provided for patients with consideration for cultural needs. Promote awareness of cultural differences amongst staff to ensure a sensitive and caring approach to patients and visitors from all members of the ward team.
1.9 To participate in the implementation of relevant nursing research/changes in clinical practice in conjunction with the Practice Development Unit.
1.10 Ensure effective participation in clinical governance initiatives and actively contribute to compliance of benchmarked standards for quality clinical care.
1.11 Ensure documentation is relevant, appropriate, accurate and concise and are signed legibly and dated.
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationessentialEssential
- Registered Nurse, Teaching and Assessing qualification (Mentorship course) , Degree in Nursing or working towards
- Clinical post registration qualifications. . Post qualification experience
- Relevant general surgery, colorectal or medical nursing experience. . Understands professional, legal and ethical issues which impact on nursing and the NHS.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates basic keyboard skills and can utilise Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint packages.
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.