Kent and Medway Pathology Network (KMPN) are looking to recruit a Junior LIMS Project Manager. KMPN is a collaborative partnership between the four acute Kent and Medway NHS Trusts East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust (DGT) and Medway NHS Foundation Trust (MFT). DGT and MFT operate via a joint venture called North Kent Pathology Service (NKPS), which provides pathology services to both Trusts and their associated users.
KMPN is undertaking a range of transformation programmes in order to 'consolidate pathology services to allow for more consistent, clinically appropriate turnaround times, ensuring the right test is available at the right time' (Kent and Medway Interim Integrated Care Strategy).
The Junior LIMS Project Manager will play a key part in the implementation of a new single Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in KMPN. You will lead on discrete areas of the project and support in reporting and monitoring of progress, risks and issues.
Given the complexity and scale of the LIMS implementation project, this role will require resilience and determination, but you will be supported to achieve in your post.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be part of the wider LIMS PMO, a friendly and supportive team where you'll always be able to problem solve alongside others. This role an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to enhance their project management skills in an IT project and who enjoys working with others to achieve success.
- Organise and facilitate continuous improvement sessions and workshops to support business change, such as process mapping and benefits identification. This requires planning workshops across the organisations involving multi-disciplinary team members.
- Assist the project teams in identifying risks associated with cross-divisional and cross-organisational ways of working and work across traditional boundaries to ensure these are mitigated and reported to the clinical change team.
- Through analysis of current practice, interpret current working practice and advise on alternative approaches, supporting the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assist with the identification of problems with processes and work collaboratively to find solutions.
- Work with the project teams, change Team and representatives from suppliers to design local aspects of the LIMS and test in partnership and on behalf of the Trust end users.
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more detailed information on the responsibilities of this role.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date: To be confirmedPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Post-graduate qualification or equivalent level of working
- PRINCE2 foundation level qualification
- Experience of delivering successful change initiatives
- Managing multiple workstreams in a project
- Evidence of problem diagnosis and process mapping
- Able to manage multiple workstreams in a project
- Experience of delivering change in pathology
- Experience of implementing LIMS
- Experience of supporting the development of business continuity plans
- Previous experience in supporting IT system testing
- Previous experience in implementing interfaces for an IT system
- Expert understanding of clinical IT implementations' impacts on healthcare processes
- An understanding of the process of interfacing hardware and software
- Ability to arrange and lead workshops with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to undertake system demonstrations, testing and training
- Ability to use complete suite of Microsoft apps, especially Excel and Visio software
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to produce monthly newsletters
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.