The post holder will support the operational management of the HSDU & EDU to ensure provision of a high quality, comprehensive and responsive decontamination service.Main duties of the job
- To Assist and support the Speciality Operational Manager and Divisional Operational Manager in the provision of services to ensure the Trust achieves both internal and national targets.
- The post holder will work as part of the Division and have responsibility for the day-to-day management of activities and interactions for specific programmes of work. The position is supervised by Operational Manager and works closely with colleagues in other functions as well as front line clinical teams from the organisation we commission with.
- To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours.
- Provide expert decontamination advice to all teams across the Trust.
- The post holder will manage the staff and resources within DD, providing an efficient and high quality fully compliant decontamination service to all service users.
- To take the lead role in the implementation of any recommendations made by any auditing body in relation to decontamination and sterile services across the Trust.
- To support the continued development and implementation of strategies for the effective provision of Sterile Services and decontamination at JPUH.
We want to attract the best and brightest people to work with us and that means we will look after you from the moment you apply for a role at the Trust and throughout your career with us. Our staff are central to everything we do, and we believe that investing in you is crucial if we want to enable you to reach your full potential.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Overview of Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing technical and professional training and development to decontamination staff.
- To monitor, motivate and support staff to ensure all mandatory training needs are fulfilled.
- To ensure compliance with all mandatory technical decontamination standards (e.g. HTM 01-01, HTM 01-06).
- To take responsibility for maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- To ensure that the schedule for Internal Audit is effectively carried out.
- To prepare for, and assist with, annual External Audits and Unannounced Visits.
- To write, amend and maintain documents within the QMS (including working instructions) in accordance with the requirements of the QMS.
- To be responsible for corrective and preventative actions, ensuring that all Q-safe incidents are investigated and closed out within the prescribed timescales.
- To lead on customer liaison/user groups, acting on customer feedback to ensure continual improvement, and keeping customer groups advised on quality initiatives.
- To ensure changes and developments are adequately communicated to decontamination staff and user departments.
- To assist in business planning and service development.
- To assist in providing effective management information using a range of IT and other systems (including T-Doc & E-Roster).
- To carry out staff PDPs and support the management of staff attendance, disciplinary and grievance issues, in accordance with Trust policies.
- To provide specialist decontamination advice to the Trust as required.
- To manage Health & Safety issues within decontamination areas, including training and risk management.
- Four GCSEs grade D or above including maths and English or equivalent.
- Specialist decontamination training at Team Leader/Supervisory/Management Level
- Management/Supervisory qualification
- Significant/extensive occupational experience within a decontamination role at a supervisory/management level
- Quality systems management experience
- Production/resource management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Articulate, numerate and literate.
- Specialist knowledge of a wide range of decontamination technical issues
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
James Paget University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.