Are you a Band 5 Staff Nurse interested in proving yourself as a leader?
Do you think you can meet the challenges of helping to lead a friendly, hardworking, conscientious and patient focused team of nurses?
Do you feel ready to join a senior team where being second to none really is our aim?
Are you the type of person who understands that a laugh, a smile, a friendly face and a reassuring word can mean the world to patients, loved ones and colleagues?
Are you interested in a Band 6 post to Ward 9 Short Stay Medicine?Main duties of the job
In conjunction with the ward/ department manager, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day supervision of their ward/ department/team, effectively motivating and directing staff to ensure that time and resources are managed through effective teamwork.About us
You will become part of a close knit, friendly senior team who rely on, support and encourage each other on a daily basis and provide clinical supervision and leadership to a well-established, welcoming team of both experienced and junior staff.
If you think this is you, and you believe you can meet the standards that will be expected of you in these difficult times, please apply. If you would like to have a chat with any of the senior team members or Ward Manager Carol Bulger, feel free to get in contact.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Experience and SkillsEssential
- RGN, Paediatric specialties RSCN , Operating Theatres RGN or Registered ODP.
- Extensive post registration experience in the relevant speciality or equivalent
- High level clinical skills and knowledge
- Evidence of successfully co-ordinating, managing and leading the team on a day to day basis.
- Teaching ability
- Experience in undertaking preceptor/mentor role.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An awareness and understanding of policy and practice relevant to speciality.
- Involvement in Nursing audit and Research
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.