Pharmacy Directorate Band 7-Deputy Quality Manager - Pharmacy Technical Services
There has been significant investment in Pharmacy Technical Services. We are looking for an experienced highly motivated Pharmacy Quality Specialist to join our well established team in Technical Services. The role will support the further development of the service with a focus on innovation within Technical Services.
The MHRA licenced 'Specials' pharmacy manufacturing unit is based at the Royal Stoke University Hospital and is a modern purpose built unit within the hospital. The service encompasses aseptic, chemotherapy, over labelling and re-packaging products, supplying both the trust and external organisations. The quality team also support the licensed activities within the Radiopharmacy service at UHNM.Main duties of the jobMain Duties
- Assist in the operation of, maintenance of and development of the Pharmacy Quality Management Systems (PQMS) meeting the changing requirements of the department, the Trust and external regulators
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the terms of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authority (MHRA) Manufacturer's 'Specials' Licence, ICH and other national guidelines related to pharmaceutical manufacturing and reconstitution or repackaging activities
- Act as the System Manager for all elements of the PQMS including electronic and paper based documentation systems ensuring compliance to the requirements of MHRA GxP data Integrity
- Deputise for the Pharmacy Quality Manager in their absence, where appropriate, providing advice to the senior management team and Trust on pharmaceutical aspects of all medicines prepared within Technical Services
To achieve this you will need excellent organisational, communication and digital skills with a high degree of attention to detail and you will need to be able to work effectively within a team.
You will be supported in this role by an experienced team and actively encouraged to enrol on courses and study days to further your personal development. You will promote the service at Trust, Regional and National forums including posters at conferences and support wider projects and business development opportunities.
This is a great time to be a part of the Pharmacy Technical Services Team at UHNM.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the JD/PS, alternatively contact Alison White for further information on this post
01782 674573Person SpecificationEssential QualificationsEssential
- BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences or City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 Pharmacy Services or Science Manufacturing with relevant experience
- Degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences(or similar)
- BTEC/Certificate in Aseptic Dispensing or Quality Assurance or equivalent
- Registered or eligible for registration with an appropriate professional body, for example, General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), Royal Society of Chemistry, Institute of Biology, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), Science Council
Knowledge, Skills, Training and ExperienceEssential
- Relevant further education / additional learning GCP and ICH certification
- Leadership and/or management qualification
- STP Qualification
- PTQA qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of cleanroom environmental monitoring methods and ability to review and analyse trend data.
- At least 2 years recent post-qualification relevant GMP experience to perform releasing officer duties
- Experience of managing and developing a service
- Knowledge and experience of capacity and contingency planning and monitoring.
- Experience of training staff
- High standard of oral and written (including report writing) communication skills with attention to detail
- Good knowledge of the medicines safety, risk management and governance agenda and it's application to the clinical role
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Royal Stoke University Hospital
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.