The South Stoke CAMHS Team are looking to recruit a part-time Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner. The post will be for 22.5 hours per week and the successful candidate will be based at Blurton Health Centre.
Under the direction of the Team Manager you will be accountable and responsible for a defined clinical caseload. You will demonstrate the clear and effective use of outcome measures for all clients as dictated by the trust. You will complete evidence based functional assessments of a persons behaviour in partnership with the service user and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.Main duties of the job
The post holder will hold a caseload and undertake the role of care-co-ordinator for children/young people with moderate to severe mental health difficulties, working as an autonomous and accountable practitioner within a multidisciplinary team. This will involve the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical intervention with effective liaison with all agencies involved with the service user. The post holder will work collaboratively with young people and their families incorporating the use of outcome measures within their work. The post holder will also offer specialist support, consultation and training to staff within the service and other agencies where appropriate. The post holder will be expected to provide assessment and therapeutic interventions at Tier 3 level and contribute to the ongoing development and provision of services to children and young people.About us
Our Trust is on an incredible journey of innovation and we'd like you to be part of it.
Our vision is 'To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.' Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience. The Trust supports you by offering a flexible shift system including twilight shifts and compressed hours to support working families and our staff parking is free on all our main sites.
As an employee and representative of the Trust, you are required to demonstrate and uphold the Trust's Values. These are: Proud to CARE: Compassionate
Caring with compassion, it's about how we listen, what we say, what we do. Approachable
Friendly, welcoming, sharing ideas and being open Responsible
Taking personal and collective responsibility, being accountable for our actions Excellent
Striving for the best, for high-quality safe care and continually improvingJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To act at all times in accordance with their respective professional bodies Code of Professional Conduct, Trust Policies and occupational protocols.
- To perform all aspects of the role in accordance with Trust policies and other national bodies.
- To work with a defined caseload of service users as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing assessment, care planning and care delivery for service users with complex and multiple conditions. This will include the provision of highly skilled clinical interventions, clinical assessment, risk assessments / risk management and promoting recovery and inclusion and ensuring patient centred practice with service users and their carers.
- To provide specialist advice to other members of staff.
- To provide leadership, management and supervision / appraisal for junior multi-disciplinary staff and lead / coordinate / supervise teams of staff in the delivery and evaluation of care.
- To liaise with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and outside agencies in the implementation of patient care.
- To ensure that care activities are research based and in keeping with changes in the field of activity.
- A nationally recognised professional qualification in health or Social Work which must be registered with the appropriate professional governing body, such as, HCPC, UKCC, NMC.
- Experience within a mental health service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) to carry out both operational and clinical risk assessments within scope of practice.
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare TrustAddress
Blurton Health Centre
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.