We are currently looking to recruit a Band 5 Staff Nurse to join our dedicated Dermatology Outpatient team.
We are a close knit team providing General Dermatology services to our local population of 500,000. We also provide expert care for inpatients with dermatological problems, including management of acute dermatological cases and emergencies. In addition we assist in the running of clinics for Adult/Paediatric dermatology, Acne treatment, biologics, skin surgery and skin cancer, vulval clinics, immuno suppressed patients and contact allergy with patch testing. We are responsible for a very busy Dermatology Day Treatment Unit offering Inpatient and Outpatient advice, Phototherapy, Topical therapies and Wound care management including complicated leg ulcers.
The team have a fantastic reputation within the Trust, holding 'Silver Accreditation' status providing excellent care at every level. We pride ourselves in our friendliness and the ability to function efficiently as a team, being supportive and inclusive. We aspire for all of our nurses to display compassion, motivation and reliability this is in order to provide a quality experience for all of our patients.
It is crucial the successful candidate is able to work effectively within a team, demonstrating consistent professionalism and focusing on patient centred care at all times.Main duties of the job
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating plans of patient care
- To work closely with the Multi-disciplinary team
- To provide education to both patients, carers, and staff
- To promote healthy life style changes
- To assist with audit and establishing new protocols/care pathways to provide high quality, safe care.
- To complete accurate documentation both written and electronically
- Prepare and coordinate clinics so they run safely and efficiently - this will involve housekeeping duties and stock control management.
- To administer Phototherapy to patients
- To assist with supporting minor surgical procedures
- To assist with the delivery of a patch testing
- To perform medical photography
- To provide wound care and topical treatments, including Doppler and compression bandaging
- To be a mentor new staff and students
- To engage in research and provide evidence based care
- To maintain CPD and NMC revalidation requirements
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse 1- NMC
- Basic IT skills
- Dermatology Nursing ENB 393 or Dermatology nursing course.
- Teaching Qualification
- Up to date theory and knowledge of nursing practice which is evidence based
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience in nursing, working within an acute setting
- Experience working in Dermatology
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal United Hospitals Bath
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.