The post holder will be expected to work multi professionally, support other team member's roles and contribute to the future development of the service.Main duties of the job
As a senior nurse you will be able to demonstrate good leadership skills, the ability to manage change in clinical practice and processes. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to independently make sound clinical and leadership judgement and regularly supervise the workload of junior colleagues.
We are looking for people who are innovative, forward thinking, flexible and have strong leadership qualities.
Post is available in the Selly Oak TeamAbout us
- Please ensure you check your TRAC account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process.
Be Part of Our Team...
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including BUSINESS EMAIL ADDRESS, telephone contact details and postal address
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BCHC) has more than 5000 staff working across Birmingham and the West Midlands in a wide range of community nursing and specialist healthcare roles. BCHC delivers over 100 clinical services, in people's homes, health centres, clinics and inpatient facilities. We deliver a wide range of services for children, young people, parents and families as well as adults and community services, two community hospitals, services for people with learning disabilities, the internationally recognised West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre and one of Europe's leading Dental Hospitals and School of Dentistry. We deliver all of this with a commitment to integrated, personalised care that is rooted in our local communities. We have an ambition to deliver outstanding, integrated care as one of the key NHS providers in the West Midlands.
If you want to 'Be Part of Our Team' and work with a Foundation Trust which is continuously striving for better care and healthier communities, we want to hear from you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Priority will be given to applicants who possess the District Nurse qualification or who are currently working towards this.
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated nurses to join our teams we provide integrated care to patients throughout Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust so the ideal candidate must be highly mobile and are able to travel throughout the Citys Boundaries.
The ideal candidates must be a good communicator, team player and have sound clinical knowledge being able to work independently and as part of a team.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse Level 1 (Adult)
- Post Grad Degree or Evidence of relevant Degree level study (have gained if prescribing complete)
- Nurse Prescriber or willing to undertake Module within 12 months of employment.
- Mentor and assessor qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development relevant to role
- District Nurse Specialist Practitioner Qualification, or willing to work towards equivalent modules
- Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and application of up to date evidence based clinical practice.
- Excellent communication Analytical skills and a problem solving approach IT literate
- Awareness of the complex needs of a multicultural, socially diverse population.
- Leadership and interpersonal qualities.
- Effective time management
- Excellent organisational/ prioritisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines, often working with sensitive or contentious information within varying environments.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and implementation of NHS access targets.
- Understanding and knowledge of finance and performance management.
- Competent user of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Patient Administration Systems.
Other Job RequirementsEssential
- As per person specification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- As per person specification
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
Charlotte Road Health Centre
45 Charlotte Road, Stirchley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.