This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) School Nurse or Health Visitor or Community Nurse with Team leading experience , to join Croydon School health Service as Team leader.
We are looking for an experienced SCPHN School Nurse or Health Visitor to work collaboratively with the Operational Lead for School Health and Immunisation Services, peer School Nurse Team Leaders. The main role of the School Nurse Team Leader is to ensureleadership and management in the delivery of high quality service and commissioned contract. Car Owner/ Driver DesirableMain duties of the jobSchool Nurse locality Team Leader
The emphasis of the role will be working within a skill mix team and working closely with the Operational Lead for School Health Service other Team Leaders and Practice educators to develop and monitor clinical standards and outcomes for children and families. You will support staff to achieve their clinical competencies by working and supervising them in clinical practice, demonstrating how they can lead and deliver the healthy child programme and commissioned KPIs. .
The successful candidate will be part of a school nurse team leaders and will be responsible for managing a Caseload, demonstrate excellence in practice and leadership within the Service.About usWhat's in it for you?
We have effective and interactive governance and quality groups
We are serious about retention of staff and staff development. Our excellent appraisal system will help you to continue your professional development in a way that works for you and for the service.
Croydon Health Services like to recruit staff who embrace challenge, have a creative flair to problem solving and are able to lead, motivate and enthuse their teams. Also important to us are people with a can do attitude and excellent communication skills.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To Support the Operational lead for School Health service with the day to day management of School Nursing team along side other Band 7 teamleads.
- Planning area and ensure the delivery of a safe, effective School Health service.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of a defined group of staff .
- For delivery of the School Nursing service providing expert information, assessments and interventions for children, young people and families including families with complexneeds.
- To lead and monitor the quality and performance and capacity of the identified team.
- To work with the Operational lead for School Nursingto identify and address risks, escalating as required.
- To facilitate and develop locality working groups within best practice standards.
- To facilitate School Nursing population profiling to inform locality developments, if requested.
- To actively work with colleagues to develop a cohesive, integrated locality Team.
For information see attached JDPerson SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Experience of managing staff
- Computer literate
- Evidence of working with children, young people and their families
- Knowledge of electronic records systems
Knowledge and awarenessEssential
- Car owner and driver
- Can demonstrate a flexible approach to working
- Knowledge of healthy child programme
- Knowledge of safeguarding guidance nationally
- Knowledge of reflection in practice
- awaareness of locality working
- at least 3 years health visiting experience
- leadership of teams
- provision of supervision
- multi-agency working
qualifications and trainingEssential
- leadership of change
- registered nurse
- registered Specialist community public health nurse (health visitor)
- continuing professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- leadership or management qualification
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.