We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Band 6 specialist Neuro Occupational Therapist to join our Community neuro rehabilitation team in Guildford and Waverley. The successful applicant will be well supported by the Band 7 Clinical Specialist Neuro OT, Band 7 Clinical specialist neuro physiotherapist and other neuro Physiotherapists in our team. You will also work closely with therapy support workers and technicians, SLT and specialist Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Parkinson's Disease Practitioners. Our team sits within a wider Community Therapy team which provides D2a, rapid response and community rehabilitation.
Your role as a Community Neuro specialist OT will be to work with clients, aged 18 years and up, to provide a high quality client-led and goal focused rehabilitation. You will be working with clients with a wide variety of conditions including stroke, brain injury, MS & Parkinsons. Your role will include interventions such as cognitive rehab, fatigue management, upper limb rehab and opportunity for developing skills in neuro splinting.Main duties of the job
You will have regular 1:1 supervision and participate in our neuro-specific in-service training programme monthly. We also have monthly MDT meetings with the MS and PD nurses which will develop your skills further in the management of these client groups. We value training and development as an important part of your progression.
Being a car driver is essential, as you will be driving across Guildford and Waverley. There is free parking at Milford hospital, which will be your main base.
Become a part of our new team, we will care for you as much as you care for others.About us
Royal Surrey is a compassionate and collaborative acute and community Trust. Recognising that our 5000 colleagues are our greatest strength, we offer a comprehensive health and wellbeing program along with a commitment to developing and advancing your career. Our diverse and welcoming Royal Surrey family will ensure you that you feel valued from your initial interview through your entire tenure.
We are clinically led and provide joined up care by bridging the gap between hospital and community services alongside regional specialist cancer care. Our main acute hospital site is in Guildford with community hospital sites at Milford, Haslemere and Cranleigh. We provide adult community health services in homes across Guildford and Waverley.
We have received an overall Good rating from the CQC with Medical care (including older peoples care), End of Life Care and Maternity services being deemed Outstanding by the CQC.
Royal Surrey has a strong reputation and history to build on. We are proud of our achievements and we are investing in our colleagues through our commitment to supporting professional development as well as investing more than �45 million in our physical environment and new equipment in the next few years. There has never been a better time to join us. Although it isn't the Trusts normal practice, adverts may close early, so you are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible.
A video about the Royal Surrey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HsiGn9joTQJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description for full details the successful candidate will be required to undertake.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/degree in OT by recognised awarding body e.g. Royal College of Occupational therapists.
- Must satisfy the criteria for full membership of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- An approved Occupational Therapy supervisor for OT
- Further qualifications/Study
- Knowledge of the role of Occupational Therapy for people with a wide range of neurological conditions.
- Able to assess for and fit basic equipment to facilitate independence at home.
- Previous experience in Neurological rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of relevant NHS and SS legislation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a community setting.
- Able to assess for and fit complex equipment and teach patient/carer in the safe use of these.
- Experience with community/mental health conditions.
- Experience in neurological splinting/upper limb rehab.
- Experience in postural management and seating.
- Experience in cognitive rehabilitation.
Royal Surrey NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.