Due to the expansion in our emergency CEPOD provision and changes in staffing arrangements in our obstetric theatres a senior post is available.
We are looking for flexible, highly motivated, and caring Senior Specialist Theatre Practitioner with at least 2 years experience to join our busy Operating Theatre Department. This position is a permanent role. In line with Trust Policy, we support various, flexible working options, where they can be sustained without being detrimental to our service provision.Main duties of the job
The department has ten operating suites,one is an integrated vascular hybrid suite. Specialties undertaken include: Adults, Paediatrics, General surgery, Colorectal, T& O, Vascular, Gynaecology, Obstetrics and more. We provide a 24hr emergency service 7days per week as such shift patterns are variable.
- RGN / AODP Qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Post-basic qualification (or equivalent level gained by experience)
- Substantial experience at Band 5. Recovery experience is essential
- Experience of managing a theatre team on a shift by shift basis
- Evidence of on-going personal professional development
- Willingness to undertake relevant further study as required for the post
- Understanding of Clinical Governance, HR, Health & Safety issues
- Good communication skills: Verbal, Written, Electronic
- Enthusiastic, Motivated, Reliable.
Our new Northern Care Alliance NHS Group unites five local hospitals to deliver high quality care across the North East of Greater Manchester.The Alliance provides the benefits of scale but delivers this locally through multiple hospital sites which make up four new Care Organisations - Bury/Rochdale, North Manchester, Oldham and Salford. Using our mantra of 'Saving lives, Improving lives', the aim is for our Care Organisations to work closely with the communities they serve to deliver safe, high quality and reliable care, which are trusted, connected and pioneering.Our Care Organisations are designed to operate within our group arrangement of hospitals, community and healthcare services which bring together over 17,000 staff and the services of The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust. Our size and geographical reach means we are creating an environment each individual will be inspired and empowered by to be the best they can be. This is a really exciting time to join our new team.
.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Contribute towards the management of the department.
- Deputise for the team leader as and when required.
- Provide professional leadership and support in critical care area.
- Actively promote practice and educational development at departmental level.
- Act in accordance with the NMC/HCP Professional Code of Conduct.
- Have a responsibility and legal obligation to ensure that information processed for both patients and staff is kept accurate, confidential and secure in line with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Security and Confidentiality Policy.
- Assist in budgetary management
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website:www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk If you are an International Nurse without a current NMC PIN, please do not apply for this role. To find out more about the current international nursing opportunities available to you here at the NCA, please contactInternationalNursing.OSCE@nca.nhs.ukPerson SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 2 years post registration experience
- Experience in specified area
- Experience in managing a team
- Registration with NMC/HPC
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Post-basic qualification to minimum diploma standard or equivalent level gained by experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of having undertaken relevant further study or training as required for the post
- Health-related degree
- Recognised management or leadership qualification
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
The Royal Oldham Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.