Staff Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner Scrub & Anaesthetics Theatres Band 5
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 5 theatre nurse to join us in our busy operating theatre team.
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust is a large 768 bed acute Trust serving South West London and Surrey.Epsom serves as the elective site for Surgery which includes Ophthalmology, Oral Surgery, ENT, Gynaecology, Colo-rectal, Urology, Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery.
You should be committed to working effectively as part of a multi-professional team and have excellent communication skills. Whilst experience is desirable it is by no means essential as a comprehensive induction package will be provided by our Practice Development Team. Previous applicants need not applyMain duties of the job
The Staff Nurse will:
- Provide high quality clinical care to patients, in line with the Trust values and in accordance with professional regulations.
- Accept delegated responsibility for specific activities/areas from the senior nurse in charge
- Work in line with Trust policies, objectives, protocols and local guidelines, whilst also being aware of the importance of their role in supporting members of the team, and always adhering to the Trust values, and in accordance with NMC regulations.
- Work autonomously and with others to always deliver high standards of care to patients and their carers, autonomously and as part of a team.
- Communicate in line with Trust values, to patients, carers and staff at all times.
- Take every opportunity to continue to develop, practice and expand their own general and specialist nursing skills.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility, and accountability and be aware of the medico-legal aspects of nursing, in line with professional, regulating and local guidance
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and is supported by over 500 volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this position please see the Job Description and Personal Specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RGN Level 1 / RODP
- Basic Life Support Course
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience of working in theatre
- Immediate Life Support Course
- Willingness to undertake post registration work in speciality
- Understanding of Clinical Governance
- Experience of Audit and Research
Planning and OrganisingEssential
- Competent communication skills in English
- Ability to co-ordinate planned and unplanned activities to achieve short term goals
- Ability to manage own time for maximum efficiency in meeting unit goals
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to co-operate within a team
- Ability to co-ordinate patient care for a small number of individuals, including a variety of services
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Epsom General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.