An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our friendly team as a Medicines Management Pharmacy Technician in the Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation team. Why join our Pharmacy services?
- Your work life balance is important to us, so you will be required to only work 2 Bank holidays per year and limited weekend working.
- You will be a key member in delivering a seamless pharmacy service across our Trust.
- We will support you to grow as an individual.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, motivated and flexible with strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills to join our Pharmacy team at St Georges Hospital as a Medicines Management Technician.This role represents a great opportunity to demonstrate good organisational skills, leadership potential and the ability to harness a problem-solving approach that involves team working.
St Georges pharmacy serves 13 wards which includes a secure forensics unit as well as providing support to local community mental health and sexual health services and country-wide substance misuse and alcohol services.Main duties of the job
- Work as part of the pharmacy team at MPFT to ensure the safe, effective and economical use of medicines.
- Work with Clinical Pharmacists, Dispensary Manager, Pharmacy Support Workers and other Medicines Management Technicians to support and develop a robust clinical pharmacy service.
- Perform Medicines Reconciliation on admission and provide counselling as needed.
- Participate in discharge planning to ensure a seamless transition back into the community.
- Promote safe, legal, rational and economic use of medicines.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Medicines reconciliation.
- Dispensing & processing prescriptions.
- In patient medication supply and processing patient's own medication.
- Support self-medication process and supply support.
- Patient counselling.
- Discharge planning in conjunction with other medical and community services.
- Support in training pre-registration student pharmacy technicians and foundation level pharmacists.
- Participate in continued professional development in line with own personal development plan to meet registration requirements of the GPHC.
- Support Clozapine dispensing and services.
- BTEC , NVQ 3 (or equivalent), Accredited Checking Technician qualification or working towards, GPHC registered
- Nationally recognised Medicines Management qualification
- Working as a registered Pharmacy Technician in the UK
Skills, knowledge, and abilityEssential
- Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work as part of a team
- Word, excel, I.T knowledge, data handling skills
- Familiar with Ascribe/CPMS/SCR
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Polite, respectful
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.