Highly Specialist Applied Psychologist - Band 8a
Do you want to be part of a small, thriving team to further advance your career and skill set? Join our exciting service that is transforming healthcare.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Band 8a Clinical, Counselling, Health Psychologist to join our dynamic persistent pain management team.
This is an interesting and challenging role to work as part of a supportive, small but progressive team that is focused on delivering high-standard, person-centred, evidence-based care.
Our community-based pain management service is highly valued by commissioners and service users alike.
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated, team-focused applied psychologist who is interested in working with people with persistent pain and long term conditions.
The successful candidate for this permanent post needs to be self-motivated, forward thinking and have the willingness and skills to work in a culturally diverse borough.Main duties of the job
This post would be suitable for a senior psychologist who is able to work independently as well as alongside other members of the pain management team and who is able to specialist psychological assessment and therapy on a group and individual basis, predominantly from CBT/ACT/CFT models for patients with complex long-term conditions.
The post also involves offering support to the wider MSK team.
You will be working closely with Physiotherapist colleagues to assess and implement individualised interventions, providing both individual and group interventions. What we can offer you?
- A commitment to your training and development to further develop your career.
- An interesting and diverse caseload as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Opportunities to link with a network of psychologists working in the field
- Opportunities to engage in audit and evaluation
- Support career development through initiating service development, in line with your special interests
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust (HRCH) provide a wide range of healthcare services for the population of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Hounslow.
The Clinical Services Directorates have a wide range of responsibilities to manage, including coordinating and delivering community primary care services on behalf of the Trust. A wide range of these healthcare services are delivered by staff in the community, who include medical staff, paediatric therapists, therapy assistants, health visitors, specialist nurses, nurses, nursery nurses, paediatric phlebotomists and healthcare support workers with the support of administrative staff working in localities with GPs, other health professionals, early years, education, and social care professionals.
The digitalisation of health services is underway with a requirement to become paper-light by 2023 through improving the use of digital tools and adopting mobile and agile working practices and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical delivery.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*****Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role***** Previous applicants within the last 3 months need not apply.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral level training in clinical / counselling / health psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS, or a BPS Statement of Equivalence.
- HCPC Registration
- IELTS LEVEL 7 (Overseas candidates only)
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment, formulation and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in-patient settings.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range
- Experience of working with clients whose needs will be met by the Persistent Pain Management Team.
- Experience of service developments
- Experience of successfully leading a team through service change and redesign with a focus on productivity and efficiency
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, psychological formulation , intervention and management frequently sustained and intense concentration. THis requires the use of highly developed analytical and judgement skills. Skills in individual and group work and in programme planning.
- skills in providing consultation in other professional and non professional groups.
- Always puts the patient first.
- Able to contain and work with high levels of distress from clients with appropriate support and supervision.
- Willing and able to take personal responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels of organisations, both internally and externally.
- Ability to teach and train others using a variety of complex multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Therapy Centre, West Middlesex University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.