An exciting opportunity has arisen to take on a Named Professional for Safeguarding Adults and MCA Lead role in Brent working in the Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust safeguarding team.
We are looking appoint an enthusiastic and motivated practitioner with experience of working with complex cases and who has a good understanding of the legal duties regarding Care Act, Human Rights, adults at risk, multi-agency working and making safeguarding personal.
The successful applicant will work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Safeguarding, the Head of Safeguarding and with the wider Safeguarding team, to deliver specialist safeguarding advice and support to CLCH staff in accordance with local and national policy, guidance, and emerging legislation.
Safeguarding is the golden thread across all health and social care services and the experience of working in a Named Professional for Safeguarding Adults and MCA Lead role in CLCH will equip you with transferrable skills and experience for future career development.
The ability to work independently is essential and frequent travel across the organisational area may be required.Main duties of the job
The Named Professional for Safeguarding Adults /MCA Lead (Named Professional) has a key role within Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH) to ensure staff deliver safe and effective care that complies with the: Human Rights Act (1998), Care Act (2014), Mental Capacity Act (MCA, 2005) (including Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards) and the Mental Capacity Amendment Act (2019). In addition, the post holder will align their work to the Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) principles and Think Family guidance.
The Named Professional will be required to work independently to provide specialist safeguarding advice, support and leadership to managers and practitioners within the Trust, which may include giving guidance on raising and quality assuring safeguarding alerts, escalating safeguarding concerns and following the CLCH safeguarding policies and processes.
They will support the CLCH Mental Capacity Act (MCA) Assurance Lead in assuring the care of patients who lack capacity is delivered in line with statutory processes e.g., Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the forthcoming Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS).About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To lead and influence the adult safeguarding agenda across the health and social care economy and escalate concerns where necessary
- To contribute to the planning and strategic organisation of safeguarding services both within CLCH and with multiagency safeguarding partnerships.
- To advocate on behalf of individual and communities whose voice is not always heard to ensure their rights are considered, needs met and our services work in partnership to achieve best outcomes.
- To deliver restorative safeguarding supervision to support safe and effective practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NMC registered nurse or allied health professional
- Educated to master's level or relevant experience working with in community nursing or other health related professional qualifications
- Evidence of professional development
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Edgware Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.