If you are passionate about providing high quality individualised patient care, enthusiastic about supporting patients' rehabilitation and increasing their independence and quality of life we would like to hear from you.
You work as a registered nurse within an integrated team, working across the community, this includes: Community Nursing, Intermediate Care and Community Matrons.
You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, have a Patient centred approach to care, be highly motivated and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
An ability to provide and receive complex, sensitive and contentious information: using empathy and reassurance skills. Can provide motivational and negotiation skills in areas where consent/ co-operation is required or there may be barriers to understanding. To include undertaking best interest decisions
Health Careers |Main duties of the job
- To deliver high quality care to the housebound patients of Torquay and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care.
- Patient comfort and well-being are paramount
- Achieving agreed standards of care
- Working as part of, and contributing effectively, as a valued team member
- Other objectives to be discussed, set and reviewed at time of Achievement Review
- An ability to communicate and liaise effectively within a range of settings including:-
- Primary Health and Social Care Team
- Practice staff
- Hospital Staff - Sisters/Nurses/Hotel Services/OT's/Physio
- Community Staff - Health Visitors/Community Nurses/Admin Staff
- Zone Manager
- Macmillan Nurse
Out of hours services:
- Devon Docs
- SWAST (Ambulance Service)
- Safeguarding Team
- Third Sector Organisations
- Care Trust Representatives
- Nursing/Residential Homes
Torquay Health and Well-Being Team are a large but supportive team who enjoys mentoring team members and students and is passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients.
We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
#caretojoinusPerson SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Qualified Registered Nurse Level 1
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Community Nurse Prescriber V150
- Diabetes course
- Palliative Care Course
- Mentorship Course
- Tissue Viability/ Leg Ulcer course
- Experience of continuing health care assessments.
- Experience of COPD or Heart Failure
- Proven relevant experience in a range of clinical skills
- Relevant I.T. knowledge/experience
- Awareness of safeguarding adults and children
- Awareness of mental capacity act.
- Holistic client assessment using an identified model of care
- Ability to make sound clinical judgements and decisions
- To maintain timely and accurate written records
- To manage/prioritise a caseload, demonstrating appropriate delegation
- Ability to demonstrate relevant team worker experience
- Knowledge of principles of Research and Audit
- Proven relevant experience in communicate complex information to patients, carers, and health and social care staff
- Health and Safety awareness
- Equality and diversity awareness
- Understands clinical governance
- Awareness of local and government agendas
- Previous experience of working in an integrated health and social care environment
- Ability to demonstrate good time management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willing to undertake V150 community practitioner prescribing course
- Palliative care skills
- Understands clinical supervision and able to demonstrate relevance to practice
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Torquay ISU - Union House
3rd Floor, 89 Union Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.