There is an opportunity for a full time substance misuse nurse to work within the field of addictions. The working arrangements will be focused in the community service working on the newly developed alcohol detox pathway. The post holder will have specialist theoretical and practical knowledge of managing clients with complex substance use problems.
The post holder will provide high levels of clinical advice and care on complex cases, develop effective care plans for patients, assisting in specific clinical projects, audits and research and training and supporting the delivery of effective support and supervision for staff.Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake the role of Key Worker for a caseload of clients who are dependent on substances with a focus on the newly developed alcohol detox pathway alongside a caseload for individuals who are dependent on substances with prescribing needs. This will involve assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for a defined caseload under the supervision of the CDAT Manager, and liaising with both statutory and non-statutory service providers including primary health care teams. The post holder will also provide support and supervision for junior members of the team. The post holder will also deputise for the CDAT/Ward Manager in their absence.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and we want you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse or doctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - we have a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show that our commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery, with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Person SpecificationQualifications & SkillsEssential
- Current registration as a Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Adult Nurse
- To demonstrate self-motivation and possess effective organisational skills
- To communicate effectively
- To demonstrate a non-judgemental attitude towards those who misuse substances
- To demonstrate awareness of own limitations and the ability to seek support
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Documented evidence of CPD
- Experience of a range of nursing environments including working with those who misuse substances
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary and multi - agency setting
- Awareness of specific government policy / legislation pertinent to the clinical area.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of research and/ or audit and implementing evidence based practice
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
CDAT 42 St James Crescent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.