The Estates Department operate and maintain, energy and environmental resources, controls, electrical and mechanical services providing power, lighting, heating, air conditioning to wards, outpatients and operating theatres. Estates directly impacts on patient welfare, frontline clinical care, infection prevention and control and energy efficiency and sustainability across the Estates Trust.
We have an exciting opportunity for a committed highly self-motivated individual, the Royal Marsden is looking for a Building Services Technician (M& E) to join the Estates Team in Chelsea. This is a highly valuable broad ranging role, which will expose the Building Services Technician (M& E) to the whole range of Estates services including mechanical, electrical, building & energy control systems and project management. The candidate must be highly proactive in developing their technical knowledge in all aspects of training and work undertaken, engage in active discussions about skills, techniques, methods and approach to tasks in order to develop as a skilled professional. Behaviour at all times must be conducted in a professional manner and consistent with Trust Values. Main duties of the job
- To ensure that The RMH Healthcare Policies and procedures are adhered to.
- You will be required to comply at all times with the requirements of the Health & Safety regulations and the Trust's Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment.
- To comply with The RMH policies on equal opportunities and promote equal opportunities at all times.
- To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
Post holder will undertake reactive and first response to make safe, fault diagnosis, investigation and reporting to Supervisor and/or calling in specialists as necessary for building services equipment. Also undertaking:
- To act as a Competent person or Authorised Person Electrical/Mechanical under HTM 06-02 and HTM 03-01, HTM04 and HTM02
- Any statutory inspections and testing of relevant equipment in compliance with current regulations and HTMs or HBNs
- To ensure trade staff are completing tasks to the required standard and within the required times
- PPM checks on building service equipment
- Updating CAFM system
- Asset management surveys
- PAT testing
- Replacing AHU filters
- AHU checks and maintenance
- Investigating and fault finding as a result of complaints about environmental conditions interrogating the BEMS, AHU and air conditioning systems
- Water systems quality checks and tests
- Reviewing completed projects and developing comprehensive PPM schedules including liaising with manufacturers and specialists
- Health and Safety, PPE checks
- Managing materials, spares and equipment stocks to maintain service continuity
- Managing calibration equipment
- Other Mechanical and Electrical Plant and Services, as directed by the Supervisor
- Supporting infrastructure shutdowns and isolations such as electrical, steam, hot and cold water, controls, etc
- Experience in supervisory skills and managing staff
- Practical and theoretical and mechanical /electrical engineering knowledge acquired through diploma or equivalent and experience
- Full City and Guilds Mechanical or Electrical Trade qualifications to Level 3 or equivalent ONC/NVQ level 3
- Recognised Health & Safety Qualification
- Service training certificates or CPD certificates.
- IOSH Managing safety course
- Working safely at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Certified Competent Person in three or more of the following: Medical gases, Electrical LV, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Qualification BEMS operators' course
- Experience of managing and supervising detailed mechanical or electrical engineering jn Healthcare premises or a similar large organisation enabling works and signing it off as safe and compliant
- Being able to read and interpret mechanical and/or electrical engineering technical drawings and schematic.
- Successfully able to manage engineering PPM's and new works and reactive works simultaneously
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Undertaking of surveys or audits
- Must have mechanical or electrical inspection, fault finding and repair experience
- Knowledge of a wide range of engineering processes
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.