This is a fixed-term 12-month opportunity to meet the increasing demand for CAMHS services. As a band 6 professional, you will receive support from the psychological therapy team in your role. We are actively seeking an enthusiastic and adaptable CBT therapist to join our team at the Children and Young Peoples service in Bolton. This is an exciting time to join us as our goal is to improve the quality of life for all we serve and make a positive impact.
The successful candidate will collaborate with a team of skilled therapists and professionals. Their primary responsibilities will include conducting assessments and delivering cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to children and young people within the Child and Adolescent Service, where CBT has been proven to be effective.Main duties of the job
The individual in this position will provide valuable support to our psychological therapy team, assisting in the delivery of specialized therapy services for individuals and their families who are experiencing various psychological difficulties within the THRIVE framework for service delivery. The role will involve collaborating with a team of skilled therapists and professionals at Bolton Community CAMHS.
Responsibilities will include conducting assessments and administering cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to children and young people who are dealing with Anxiety and Depression, as CBT has been proven to be clinically effective in our Core Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). You will receive guidance from our lead therapists and the wider psychological therapy team, ensuring you have access to high-quality CBT supervision within our service. This is an exciting time to join Bolton CAMHS as we strive to become a trauma-informed service, and you will be working alongside a talented and dedicated team of professionals.
In addition, you will provide support, advice, and supervision to staff members in the Core CAMHS team regarding the implementation of CBT-based interventions for a range of mental health concerns. Your role may also involve facilitating groups within the service, with the assistance of other team members.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- qualified in delivery of CBT
Experience and QualificationEssential
- Understanding of child development
- working in CAMHS or schools
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or Equivalent Evidence of ongoing Professional Development in CBT.
- Experience of working within a CAMHS service or school
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Accreditation by recognised psychological therapy body. To have undertaken a recognised qualification in one of the core mental health professions e.g., mental health nursing, clinical psychology, medicine, social work, occupational therapy or other equivalent experience and demonstrable competence to work in the mental health field.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
RBH Minerva Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.