A fantastic opportunity to gain a BSc (Hons) Degree in Therapeutic Radiography and join our friendly radiotherapy department at Southend Hospital.
The apprenticeship will be delivered as a 3 year programme in Therapeutic Radiography with on the job training at Southend Hospital Radiotherapy department and specific academic support from a higher education institute. On completion of the training period the employee will be expected to qualify as a Therapeutic Radiographer and gain HCPC registration in order to practice.
If you are interested in the role and believe you hold the qualities we require, then apply today!Main duties of the job
We are a friendly and welcoming team, working in a very busy department treating cancer patients to satisfy local and national targets.
As part of the multi-disciplinary team the post holders will fulfil a key role in providing Radiotherapy care and support to patients.
As a trainee Therapeutic Radiographer you will gain experience and knowledge in all areas of Radiotherapy delivery including pre-treatment and planning, patient care, treatment and quality assurance processes. You will be working under the supervision of qualified therapeutic radiographers.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description, but some of the responsibilities include...
To work in the Radiotherapy department under the therapeutic radiographer apprenticeship scheme under the direct supervision of registered practitioners.
Your time will be split between the department and attending the university. Attendance of University lectures is essential and annual leave should not be booked at this time.
You will need to make a commitment to study both within working hours and at home during the duration of the apprenticeship course.
We look forward to your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- o A Level BBC or o BTEC National Diploma DMM in Science or professionally relevant subject or o Access to HE Diploma in Science or similar with 24 Distinctions of which 14 must be in Science or o Equivalent level 3 qualifications at 112 UCAS points also considered or o Foundation degree/diploma (or similar), 120 credits or o Bachelor's degree in a relevant science subject or o International Baccalaureate in a relevant science subject (22 points). Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths, English and Science or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above). For candidates whose first language is not English Candidates must have the following minimum International English Language Test Score (IELTS) results at the time of applying: o 7.0 overall or equivalent. o 7.0 in the listening and reading sections. o 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- Working with members of the public. Basic understanding of Radiotherapy. Accuracy and attention to detail. Good numerical skills
- Experience of working in a health care setting
Personal and People DevelopmentEssential
- Polite, empathetic and friendly. Good Oral/written communication skills Ability to follow instruction.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to use initiative.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Physically fit to assist in moving and handling of patients. Basic keyboard and IT skills.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.