We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Finance Business Partner to come and join our restructured and ambitious Financial Management Team. As a team we believe in providing an excellent service to our fantastic frontline services and the patients we serve, and we have a focus on continuous improvementMain duties of the job
You will join a supportive team and receive full training on all aspects of the role. As part of providing an excellent financial management service to the organisation the successful candidate will act as a senior financial business partner to our operational services, providing comprehensive financial management support, identifying usable insights and excellent advice to service managers and the Trust. Essential skills for the role are therefore in the areas of financial management, customer service, IT, and communication. The successful candidate must either be studying towards a professional Accountancy (CCAB) Qualification or demonstrable knowledge, experience and expertise in a financial management role.
At interview you will need to demonstrate excellent technical, interpersonal and organisational skills and possess a strong willingness to learn. You will need to be a team player with initiative, have a positive attitude and be able to manage your workload to meet the demands of our operational services. Training will be provided on the finance systems used.About us
We employ 3,500 staff in 63 locations and serve a population of 2,600,000 in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham, and Tees over 3230 square miles.
Many people think the job of the ambulance service is to collect patients and take them to hospital, but we do much more!
Paramedic skills have developed hugely in recent years, meaning we carry out more treatment at the scene and en-route to hospital.
We have a dedicated clinical assessment service that allows us to provide patients with the most appropriate care from the beginning of the patient journey.
We have a specialised branch of the Trust called HART which deal with explosions or terrorist attacks.
Ultimately patients are the heart of everything that we do to support our mission of safe, effective and responsive care for all.
We value and respect the diversity employees bring to our workplace. We recruit a workforce that reflects the community we serve, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. To ensure we deliver on our aims in relation to diversity and inclusion we assess ourselves against a range of frameworks. We are ENEI Gold employer, Disability Confident Leader, Dyslexia Smart Award employer, Dementia Friendly, and part of Mind Blue Light programme and the Race at Work Charter from the Princes Responsible Business Network and are achieving across all objectives in NHS Equality Delivery System.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description for the full details of duties and responsibilities for this role.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Professional Accountancy (CCAB) Qualification and/or demonstrable knowledge, experience, and expertise in a financial management role.
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Evidence of strong academic record / additional applicable education such as a degree or postgraduate qualification. Willingness to develop through internal and external sources
- Demonstrable experience of working in a senior finance role or demonstrable equivalent experience in a higher financial management role. Experience of strategic financial management gained within a complex environment. Experience in preparing financial plans and of budgetary control processes. Experience of providing detailed advice and guidance to other Finance professionals and non-financial managers. Experience of producing both financial and non-financial reporting and analysis and of completing external finance submissions to regulatory bodies (such as NHS England). Demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate deadlines and information across a team.Experience of supervising staff, including appraisals, training and disciplinary matters Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting (concepts and principles) including legislation and international financial reporting standards.
- Experience of implementing cost improvement and monitoring schemes. Knowledge of using Oracle systems. Detailed knowledge and understanding of NHS Financial requirements.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Creative, innovative and a visionary mind-set. Proven ability to operate/think strategically, reflecting wider organisational priorities and performance. Confident in dealing with key relationships with senior managers within the organisation. Able to communicate sensitive/ contentious and complex financial information in a clear and persuasive way. Able to forge and maintain constructive relationships with senior managers and to constructively challenge and hold to account in relation to financial decision making and subsequent consequences. IT expertise, with advanced excel skills, experience of using MS Office applications and financial systems. Excellent negotiation skills at all levels. Excellent analytical skills and verbal & written communication skills
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newcastle upon Tyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.