Are you a qualified ACP looking for a new challenge within frailty? The Emergency Department and Emergency Floor team are a large team of42 ACPs of nurse, paramedic and physiotherapy backgrounds.
We are looking for a proactive individual who has experience of working with frail individuals. The successful applicant will be supported to expand their skills and knowledge base and will be expected to utilise this in day-to-day practice.
The Advanced Practitioner will work within agreed protocols and guidelines exercising independent judgement in history taking, examination, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of a diverse and undetermined caseload of frail medical patients who may have highly complex acute presentation to the more minor common illnesses. This caseload of patients would benefit from comprehensive geriatric assessment with the ACP orchestrating this care.
The post holder will be an integral member of the medical team working collaboratively with nursing and allied healthcare professionals undertaking advanced roles and responsibilities traditionally the remit of junior medical staff under the direction of the Consultant in charge of the patients care.Main duties of the job
- To assess, treat, diagnose and discharge patients from the emergency department
- To work closely with occupational therapists, physiotherapists, pharmacists and discharge coordinators to achieve rapid safe discharges
- To utilise community and ambulatory services to create flow within the emergency department
Our new strategy, developed with the support and feedback of colleagues, patients, and partners, is our compass for the next seven years (2023-2030).
We have four primary goals:
- high-quality care for all,
- being a great place to work,
- partnerships for impact, and
- research and education excellence
And we will embed health equality in all we do - taking active steps to reduce the avoidable differences in healthcare that some people face, working in partnership with communities.
Our strategy is underpinned by new values and we will work to ensure they are an everyday reality for all:
- we are compassionate,
- we are proud,
- we are inclusive, and
- we are one team
This is an exciting moment as we look to the future with clarity on what we already do well and where we need to focus our energies to make an even bigger difference for the people we serve.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust:
http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/work-for-us/current-vacancies/ Job descriptionJob responsibilities
please see job description/person specification for full details on the role.Person SpecificationClinical RequirementEssential
- Provide a proactive role within ED to identify and support with the holistic assessment of frail older adults in the emergency department.
- Provide frailty reviews of older person in ED and evidence of working autonomously
- Take responsibility for data collection, effective and accurate monitoring and performance reporting
- Contribute to emergency medicine research, and support the development of evidence based practice.
- Act as a link between the MDT, patient and their relatives / carers and utilise excellent communication skills to promote collaborative working
- Deliver education and share specialised knowledge of frailty to colleagues, patients and relatives
- To uphold trust values.
- Experience of working in an Acute Medicine
- Experience of caring for Frail patients
- Experience of working within the emergency department/floor
- Evidence of working within the MDT
- ALS/ATLS skilled
- Venepuncture/Cannulation/Catheterisation/Nerve Blocks
- MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Non Medical Prescribing
Personal CriteriaEssential Desirable
- Teaching Qualification
- Audit and Quality Improvement projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous Leadership Experience
- Previous Community Experience
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.