PHARMACY DEPARTMENT Senior Pharmaceutical Scientist / Pharmacist Pharmacy Aseptic Services Aseptic Production Unit Band 7 (37.5 hours per week) + EDC
We are a major acute teaching Trust offering a wide range of clinical specialities, including tertiary referrals for HIV and Renal Medicine. Pharmacy services are well developed and deliver high quality Medicines Management.
We have a highly regarded Aseptic Production Unit (APU) at the Trust and a brand-new site is due to open in 2023. You will work closely with our Aseptic Service Leads to help steer the Quality facilitating programmes at the production unit. This post generates an opportunity for a Pharmacist / Scientist to join an expanding team delivering the pharmaceutical needs of patients at the Trust and across the NHS. The post holder will be expected to focus on the need for Aseptic Production Services with responsibilities for efficient and safe service provision.
Support for appropriate further clinical & technical development, is available.Main duties of the job
The post holder will contribute to overseeing the operational quality aspects of the production processes, in a cost effective and efficient manner, assuring the quality of all unlicensed medicines manufactured and prepared at the Aseptic Production Unit (APU).
The post holder will ensure timely release of prepared and manufactured unlicensed medicines and will certify all unlicensed medicines as having been prepared or manufactured in compliance with current Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will:
Participate in validating the production processes to ensure compliance with the required standards in aseptic preparation of medicines.
Contribute to product lifecycle processes including Product Development and Product Quality Review.
Attend meetings (local & regional) when required to represent the APU.
Supervise less experienced pharmacists, technicians and students and provide training where necessary.
Will trouble shoot and undertake risk assessments in order to guide the team to ensure compliance with medicines legislation.
Deputise for the Lead Pharmacists (Technical Services) as requiredPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- M Pharm Degree or equivalent Or Honours degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry or similar scientific subject if combined with further education and training such as the MSc Scientist Training Programme (STP) in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Registered General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) Member or/& HCPC/ RPS.
- Technical qualification such as Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology, Quality Control, Engineering, Manufacturing.
- Post graduate certificate or diploma in a relevant pharmaceutical field.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and the regulations surrounding Pharmaceutical Manufacture.
- Knowledge of clean room design and functioning.
- Highly developed Professional knowledge, underpinned by theory and experience.
- Specialist knowledge of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes including equipment and facility design, construction, validation and testing.
- Knowledge of:- o Aseptic preparation of medicines o Terminal Sterilisation processes o QA/QC services
- An understanding of medicines management procedures
- Knowledge of product licensing and medical devices registration
- Experience of product development
- Evidence of working within GMP/GDP guidelines.
- COSHH Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Evidence of significant, relevant and on-going personal CPD
- Experience of Pharmaceutical Manufacture in either a hospital or industrial environment or previous experience of managing aseptic dispensing services
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Planning and organisational skills ability to prioritise demands on service and plan workload of self and others
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills ability to communicate with a range of people such as technicians, pharmacists, engineers, clinicians and customers
- Change management
- Project Management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Capable team worker with ability to create and sustain good relationships.
- Able to deal with constant interruptions, multiple pressures and at times aggression.
- Methodical with attention to detail
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
Mount Vernon Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.