Main duties of the jobNORTH WALES COMMUNITY DENTAL SERVICE Dental Health Educator (Designed to Smile Programme) Band:
- To introduce and facilitate Oral Health Promotion programmes, at a variety of settings, dependent on the assigned programme, this may include nurseries, schools, community, care home, health and other settings.
- To support and promote the work of the North Wales Community Dental Service and to provide information about access to General Dental Services.
- To act as a representative of the North Wales Community Dental Service in educational, health, care and community settings and act in an appropriate manner to project professional practice.
5 Working Hours:
37.5 hours per week x 42 weeks Department:
(North Wales) Community Dental Service Base: Flintshire Area-To be confirmed and visiting various locations
North Wales Community Dental Service currently has an opportunity for an Oral Health Educator to join the North Wales Oral Health Promotion team.
The post holder will be a key facilitator for the delivery of the Designed to Smile programme.
The job will involve partnership working with schools and health and social care providers in the community. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationRegistrationEssential QualificationsEssential
- Oral Health Educator or Special Care Certificate
ExperienceEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluoride Varnish Applicator Certificate
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Deeside Enterprise Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.