The post holder will be part of the NHS Wales Veterans Service and will work with colleagues locally and nationally and will be accountable for their own actions.
The post holder will work with clients who have a range of complex mental health problems and with services and agencies involved in the care of veterans to promote multi-agency working to improve outcomes for veterans and their families.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a lead specialist working with clients who have a range of complex mental health problems and with services and agendas involved in the care of veterans to promote multi-agency working to improve outcomes for veterans and their families. provide veterans with a comprehensive assessment that accurately assesses their psychological and social needs, develop and facilitate the delivery of individual management plans and specialist programmes of care provide high intensity evidence-based psychological interventions.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
We listen, learn and improve
We treat everyone with respect
We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- High Intensity Specialist Psychological Therapist or Accreditation and current registration with approved professional regulatory body AND Masters level or post-masters level training in evidence-based approaches (as defined by Matrics Cymru)
- Diploma in a relevant Psychological Therapy
- Extensive experience of undertaking assessments and providing evidence based interventions
- Experience of effective multidisciplinary/team working NHS/equivalent
- Experienced in providing supervision / consultation for other clinicians
- Experience of participating in the planning and development of services
- High level communication and interpersonal skills to convey and receive complex, highly technical, sensitive information effectively at both a written and oral level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High level of presentation and report writing skills for clinical and academic content in a range of contexts
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Dewi Sant Health Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.