Applications are invited for AfC Band 7 Assistant General Manager at the Royal National ENT & Eastman Dental Hospitals, part of University College London Hospitals NHS Trust. The division is split into 3 main directorates:
Dental - Restorative, Paediatric Dental, Orthodontics, Hygiene & Therapy
Medical - Audiovestibular Medicine, Audiology, Allergy, Dental Medicine
Surgical - ENT, Auditory Implants, Sleep, Oral Surgery, SLT
This post is within the surgical directorate and provides a fantastic opportunity for exposure across the trust. The ideal candidate will have strong operational experience, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation, and across the sector. Therefore this post will suit an ambitious person, looking to make the next step in operational management.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that services are efficiently and effectively run within the Division. This will be achieved through excellent human resource, financial and performance management, and leadership of change management to achieve improvement in process and patient outcomes.
The post holder will also take the lead on specific modernisation issues. The post holder will also be operationally responsible for designated areas of the Royal National ENT & Eastman Dental Hospitals Division.
The post holder will be responsible for meeting both the Divisional objectives and the strategic corporate objectives of the organisation and will provide management support to staff within their areas of management. The role will also focus on the development and implementation of projects working within tight time scales when required.About us
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas. Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education, and world-class research.
We provide first-class acute and specialist services across eight sites:
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
- University College Hospital Grafton Way Building
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of many complex illnesses. UCLH specialises in women's health and the treatment of cancer, infection, neurological, gastrointestinal and oral disease. It has world class support services including critical care, imaging, nuclear medicine and pathology.
At UCLH, we have a real 'One Team' ethos, and our values - safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Service areas that this post holder could cover include:
- Dental Services
- Medical Services
- Surgical Services
We are committed to sustainability and have pledged to become a carbon net zero health service, embedding sustainable practice throughout UCLH. We have set an ambitious target of net zero for our direct emissions by 2031 and indirect emissions by 2040.
Interview date for this position TBC
The Assistant General Manager will deputise, where appropriate for the General Manager in their absence.
For interest in this position please contact Michael Burslem, General Manager, email@example.com or Nadeem Bashir, Deputy General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.Person SpecificationKnowledge & QualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Recognised management qualification/or working towards
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operational management in a healthcare setting
- Experience of successfully managing a team
- Success in working collaboratively across professions and services
- Demonstrable success in planning and managing change
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working within ENT/Dental services
Communication -Excellent communication and analytical skills including:Essential
- To clearly demonstrate leadership and ability to motivate and empower others
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to influence clinicians and managers for service improvement
- Effective budgetary and resource management
- Developing and implementing policies, guidelines and projects from initiation to completion
- Computer literate, able to manage data required for performance management
- Ability to prioritise work, meet tight deadlines and work independently
- Positive and effective team worker
Employer detailsEmployer name
- inter-personal skills
- oliaison and negotiation skills
- owriting and presentation skills
- odata interpretative skills
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
47-49 Huntley Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.