Are you looking to start your career or progress your career in a new and exciting speciality at band 5 level? Or are you an experienced haematology nurse looking for new career and promotion opportunities at band 6 level? If so, we have full time/part time permanent registered nurse positions with a mixture of long days and nights, Monday - Sunday within our Clinical Haematology service based at Hammersmith Hospital in West London. You would be joining us at an exciting time as haematology services across both the inpatient and day care pathways are expanding and we continue to advance treatment options for our patients. We can offer nurses the opportunity to work in a specialist tertiary centre that runs one of the largest haematopoietic stem cell transplant programmes in Europe. We will support you in developing key skills and an expert knowledge base in caring for patients with a wide range of malignant (e.g. leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma) and benign/immune haematology diseases (e.g. sickle cell, thalassaemia and haemophilia). Come and join us on Friday 1 December 2023 at our 'RECRUITMENT DAY' in Hammersmith Hospital, ground floor of the Garry Weston building.
The programme for the day is as follows:- 10:00 - 10:30
Welcome and Refreshments 10:30 - 10:45
Introductions 10:45 - 11:15
Talk on Specialties 11:15 - 12:30
Ward Tours 12:30 - 13:00
Break 13:00 onwards
- Drug Calculations and Interviews
You can apply online today, or attend our recruitment event and apply on the day. A guided tour will showcase our services.Main duties of the job
- To work accordingly to the Nursing and Midwifery Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines and as a named nurse for a defined group of patients and work within boundaries recognising personal accountability.
- Deliver and promote high quality, effective, individualised holistic patient care that is evidence-based with minimal supervision from senior staff.
- Develop specialist skills and knowledge within the field of acutehaematology/haematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) nursing to develop competence and performance.
- Demonstrate effective communication with patients, relatives and carers that is responsive, respectful and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Maintain accurate, legible and contemporaneous patient records in accordance with Trust policy and NMC professional standards.
- Ensure changes in patient status and any other concerns are promptly escalated to relevant senior staff.
- To assume responsibility for undertaking tasks delegated by the line manager, including mentor/preceptorship, link nurse responsibilities, auditing, clinical governance and local Trust-wide/national initiatives that safeguard clinical care standards, including supporting quality regulatory/accreditation processes, e.g. Care Quality Commission (CQC), Ward Accreditation (WAP)Safety Thermometer, Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN), Quality Accounts, NHS Litigation Authority, as well as, statutory bodies (e.g. JACIE, National Cancer Standards, Peer Review ,CHKS).
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location. As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC : First level registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good written communication skills.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.